Just getting started ....AGAIN!

Options
suemcmurry
suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
Hi all,
I am just getting started again and just completed Day 1 of the 30DS. Whew, it was a little tough! Around 2 years ago I lost most of the weight and was in a size 6. YEP, a Size 6!! But alas, life took over, gained the weight back plus some, into a size 10/12 (I am 5'2"), and here I go again...... I have been chunky a good majority of my life and I am hoping this will be the LAST TIME. No......I am determined that this WILL be the last time.

To all the FP people out there, I love all of you, you all are great inspiration to me, continue your hard work and all the best to each and every one of you!!!

<3<3

Replies

• reesie51
    reesie51 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again also. This is day one for me. I'm a size 16. I want to be healthy and look good as I'm aging. I've been fighting weight since I was a child. I'm looking to be victorious and beat/defeat the battle of the bulge. I'm on this journey with you and many others suemcmurry. We're both determined. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Annaleighmarie
    Annaleighmarie Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I know,it's frustrating! I am just starting again too,although,I never accomplished what you did. If you did it once,I know you can do it again and keep the weight off too!
  • awend1282
    awend1282 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been there done that! I actually started my journey in Feb of 2014 with the 30DS, I've since moved on to other programs of Jillian's as well as Beachbody programs. I've lost 70lbs so far!
    Best way to stick to your goals is to surround yourself with others who are on the same path. If you hang out with people who like to go rock climbing, you are going to eventually go rock climbing.. If you hang out with people who knit, you're going to make some great scarves and blankets soon ;) I made friends within a fitness community on Facebook and now, I make sure fitness is always part of my day. :) I wouldn't have gotten this far without that support network. Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll help support you guys any way I can!
  • aussielover89
    aussielover89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your healthy lifestyle journey again! I actually don't go by my pant size with my weight and I'm jealous of people who can haha. I was a size 16 lost 70lbs and went to a size 12. I was in a healthy BMI and had a lot of muscle. I shortly joined the army right after and gained 15lbs in pure muscle and could barely fit into a 12 anymore 0: I wish for a size 6!!! Lol
  • meghanann30
    meghanann30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I was a size 6 about three years ago... then life happened, I gave up MFP and gained all of my weight back and some. Back to a size 16. I'm determined to get back to a more healthy lifestyle! We can do this!!!
  • suemcmurry
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Day #2 30DS....... Not sooooo bad today! Made it almost all the way through without taking a break.....YEA ME!!! I guess muscle DOES have memory after all. Back in 'the day' (early 90's) I was a aerobics instructor and worked my butt off so was in awesome shape, but again, LIFE has a way of taking over and 2015 looks PROMISING!!!

Have a great day/weekend all FP'ers!! Hugs to all!!! <3
  • Annaleighmarie
    Annaleighmarie Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I just wish I had the energy of an aerobics instructor! How do they constantly stay so perky and energetic when they have to teach several classes?
  • suemcmurry
    Options
    You just gotta love what you are doing!! Keep in mind that was a hundred years ago!!!!! (anything over 5 years old is a hundred years in my book!!!) LOL!