Zig Zag

Options
Okay. So I've been reading alot about the Zig Zag and my Beachbody coach also suggested it. I get the main jist of the method, but how do I incorporate the 7 day calorie cycle numbers I received from www.freedieting.com into my MFP? I am currently consuming 1,560 calories per day on MFP.

Thanks MFP fam for any help.

Replies

• Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump... interested in this too.
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am confused what do they say to do????thanks
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Zig Zagging is changing your calories day to day in order to confuse you body. So one day you eat low then the next you eat more. I have been trying to do this but having a hard time getting all of the calories in.

Its just a way to trick your body
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bump...I want to know about this too!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Bump...I'm curious also. I've looked into starting to zig zag but I want to make sure I have all the info right first!
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    From what I've seen and understand fill in the details get your seven day split and then you simply have to change your goals within MFP every day in accordance to the ZigZag calorie count.

This is less than ideal as MFP will change the calorie count for all your days, but it is the only way to be able to track everything on MFP.

Essentially over the course of seven days you average a number very similar to what MFP is providing based on your weight loss goal. You just adjust each day depending on if you're having a high, low or maintenance day.
  • msjaxn69
    msjaxn69 Posts: 44
    Options
    From what I've seen and understand fill in the details get your seven day split and then you simply have to change your goals within MFP every day in accordance to the ZigZag calorie count.

This is less than ideal as MFP will change the calorie count for all your days, but it is the only way to be able to track everything on MFP.

Essentially over the course of seven days you average a number very similar to what MFP is providing based on your weight loss goal. You just adjust each day depending on if you're having a high, low or maintenance day.

That's what I thought, just needed verification that that is what I will have to do.

Thanks.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Yea, MFP is less than ideal for cycling carbs/calories since it changes the goals for all of your days. I'll sometimes cycle my carbs for two days to be able to eat more foods on the weekends.
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    That's what I thought, just needed verification that that is what I will have to do.

Thanks.

No worries, best of luck :)

A small tip, I'm actually doing this, each day just make a note of the calories you're meant to be eating and put that in the note section for that day. Doing this allows you to go back and look over your food diary and you know what you were meant to be eating for that day.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I keep an excel spreadsheet. I didn't set out to cycle calories, but I find it easier to manage my calories depending on what I'm doing that day. I work in fast food, so eating under 2000 calories a day is a challenge in itself when I'm at work 10 hours a day. (Or 20, whatever...) I'm also going to be starting summer classes next week (finishing my degree with 3 PE credits so I can avoid homework ;)) If there's no junk food in the house, I can actually forget to eat on my days off, so I don't eat as much those days.

So I give myself 1200 calories a day for days off of both work and school, 1700 calories a day for days I work out (I don't eat back my work out calories), 2000 for days I spend more than hours at work, and 2500 for days I work out and work. So I average around 1700 to 1800 calories a day, which is still weight loss calories for me, just not by much (which is fine since I don't forsee being able to afford new clothes any time soon, so I'm a little reluctant to loose the weight, I just want to look better in what I've got).
  • msjaxn69
    msjaxn69 Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks once again MFP fam for your help.
  • danyelle67
    danyelle67 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks I think I will have to try this, I am at a stand still but haven't been a good girl on weekends. ahahha