Time to lose weight... Again :)

Options
ToddCoorie
ToddCoorie Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Todd from NSW Australia. Feel free to add me for some tips or encouragement.

Replies

• christinelash
    christinelash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Again?? That sounds like my situation. It's so frustrating! A year ago I had just accomplished losing 40lbs, and still had another 20 to go, but life happened, and here I am a year later having to start all over because I gained those 40lbs back. I'm down 11 so far, but its a struggle. Any advice or encouragement is welcomed! I'm Christine from Denver, CO USA.
  • ToddCoorie
    Options
    Nice to meet you Christine. Yes losing weight is tough, although it was easier back when I was around 20 years old. I weighed 85 KG, and got down to 60 KG with cutting out a lot of healthy food and working out at the gym. But I don't recommend that. The number one thing you should try and avoid is eating too much rice, and pasta is a killer for weight also.
  • ToddCoorie
    Options
    I'm currently 70KG's now, and trying to lose a few KG's down to 65 KG maybe. I tried for a couple of weeks, doing cardio, AbCoaster and lifting weights, but I stayed the same. A friend ended up suggesting My Fitness Pal, and it's really helping. I did so much working out today that I was able to eat ice cream and still remain under my daily goal lol
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm in the same boat, lost and gained back weight a few times in the past 5 years or so. Losing weight is easy for me, it's keeping it off that's hard, slipping back to bad habits is my problem. Trying to change that now by doing things differently and making workout time more fun than tedious. Taking boxing classes rather than just running on the treadmill and lifting weights, so far so good! Good luck to you!
  • mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you in your journey ☺ Feel free to add
  • ToddCoorie
    Options
    Thanks mate :) I've had the same problem over the past years also, it's like once you've got to your preferred weight, then you feel you can eat what you want lol and suddenly you find yourself enjoying food more and more, until 2KG turns into 5KG or more of unwanted weight. There's a couple of foods that I've learnt to eat less of, rice and pasta. If you can cut back on those two, the weight will be lost faster. And try to stay away from carbohydrates after lunch time. And now that you're boxing, keep up with the protein. Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • ToddCoorie
    Options
    Thank you Miranda, and you too :)