Struggle with weightloss

Options
I feel like I'm the only who who struggles to stop with the soda drinking! I literally drink a 1 liter if Pepsi before noon and probably drinking two or three cans of soda after that. I have tried several times to stop drinking soda and switch it out for water, but it only last a few days. any tips? I neeed to lose this weight

Replies

• TobyTimmyNala
    TobyTimmyNala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How about diet soda?
  • TobyTimmyNala
    TobyTimmyNala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    And if that's not an option, then just work those liquid calories into your goal for the day...you will still lose weight.
  • Carterlady1221
    Carterlady1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've tried diet soda, several times, the after taste makes me deathly Ill. I feel like I'm losing my battle no matter how hard I try I can cut the soda. I did force myself to buy a water today instead of a Pepsi though and I've almost finished it!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it takes two weeks to make a habit, or so the saying is

diet is an option. or
    pour half into another container and then drink half in the morning and half in the afternoon. then try doing this in quarters
    or suck it up buttercup and go cold turkey.

it's not that you cannot drink soda, either. but it is a lot of calories to be drinking that don't do much to fill you up
  • NJDad
    NJDad Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    it takes two weeks to make a habit, or so the saying is

Maybe 3 weeks. Maybe try making you own soda to get it to be a little healthier?
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've tried diet soda, several times, the after taste makes me deathly Ill. /quote]

Can you clarify this point? I don't understand what you mean when you say that after-taste made you "deathly ill"
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Learn to love tea. Get unsweet tea or maybe green tea with honey. if you get unsweet tea you can add sugar to it. start with a table spoon or two per 16 oz glass. that should be more than enough sweetness. then gradually work the sugar down.

one 12 oz can of soda can have 40 grams of sugar.. that's 10 tablespoons; 2 tablespoons over the daily suggested amount for a female. Diet soda isn't much better. All diet and light stuff sacrifices calories and fat for sodium.

You can still drink pop, but you have to work it into your daily calorie limit. keep in mid that that liter of pepsi is the same calories as a pizza. If you can't cut it you can't get cut. It sucks but it's true.
  • Carterlady1221
    Options
    By saying it makes me I'll I throw up several times after drinking diet soda, I don't know if it's the taste or it doesn't sit right on my stomach. Either way it makes me sick. And as far as I can do it, I understand that, what can I take for caffeine headaches? That's the main problem I run into. I'm tired if making excuses for myself though. So anything you say helps me
  • judikahler
    judikahler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Carterlady1221, I am right there with you! I have gone down this road MANY times! For me, I convinced myself that I "had" to drink diet soda because I can't drink beverages with sugar and I don't really like the standard iced tea. It is just a mindset that is hard to break. But the good news is that it CAN be broken!

Here's the facts: whether sugar, variants of sugar, artificial sweeteners, corn syrups, or even fruit, our bodies interpret it all as SUGAR and we have trained our bodies to crave sugar. So, yes, it really is an addiction. Just like the mindset, it CAN be broken (or in this case, retrained). It is about time and baby steps.

I am on vacation next week but, when I get back, breaking myself of soda is top of the list!

WE CAN DO THIS! (If you want help and accountability, I'm available!)
  • Carterlady1221
    Options
    Learn to love tea. Get unsweet tea or maybe green tea with honey. if you get unsweet tea you can add sugar to it. start with a table spoon or two per 16 oz glass. that should be more than enough sweetness. then gradually work the sugar down.

one 12 oz can of soda can have 40 grams of sugar.. that's 10 tablespoons; 2 tablespoons over the daily suggested amount for a female. Diet soda isn't much better. All diet and light stuff sacrifices calories and fat for sodium.

You can still drink pop, but you have to work it into your daily calorie limit. keep in mid that that liter of pepsi is the same calories as a pizza. If you can't cut it you can't get cut. It sucks but it's true.

Thank you! This post helped me! Seriously
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Thank you! This post helped me! Seriously

That knowledge helped me as well even before I started counting calories. Just seeing exactly how much sugar was in each soda I drank made me want to drink less.

I had my first mountain dew in 3 weeks tonight. Had a 10 hour shift and I was dragging *kitten*. I figured I burnt off more than enough calories running around and working.

Feel free to check out my food diary. go back a few days/weeks and see how I eat pretty much what I want and still lose weight.
  • Carterlady1221
    Options
    judikahler wrote: »
    Carterlady1221, I am right there with you! I have gone down this road MANY times! For me, I convinced myself that I "had" to drink diet soda because I can't drink beverages with sugar and I don't really like the standard iced tea. It is just a mindset that is hard to break. But the good news is that it CAN be broken!

Here's the facts: whether sugar, variants of sugar, artificial sweeteners, corn syrups, or even fruit, our bodies interpret it all as SUGAR and we have trained our bodies to crave sugar. So, yes, it really is an addiction. Just like the mindset, it CAN be broken (or in this case, retrained). It is about time and baby steps.

I am on vacation next week but, when I get back, breaking myself of soda is top of the list!

WE CAN DO THIS! (If you want help and accountability, I'm available!)

Thank you so much! It's like some people don't understand it is an addiction! A hard habit to break! But I turned to this app to help me!
  • jonessarah12
    jonessarah12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm the only who who struggles to stop with the soda drinking! I literally drink a 1 liter if Pepsi before noon and probably drinking two or three cans of soda after that. I have tried several times to stop drinking soda and switch it out for water, but it only last a few days. any tips? I neeed to lose this weight
    Sugar is addictive you have to go cold turkey. I cut out all refined sugar and processed food a year ago. Giving up chocolate was hard as I ate it every day and I did feel drained for a week or two but then my energy levels increased and I haven't been ill since then. Keep trying you can do it.
  • ToddCoorie
    ToddCoorie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing you don't like diet soda. There is an ingredient in all diet drinks that are no good for you after drinking great amounts. Try this, before drinking soda, fill up your tummy with a minimum of one glass of water, then when you feel like drinking soda, you won't be able to drink as much 'cause you'll already be full.
  • NJDad
    NJDad Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not that juice is all that great for you, but it's certainly less than soda if you only use an ounce of juice with 7 oz of seltzer. An oz of OJ has 13 calories and 3 grams of carbs. If you like the flavor and the fizz, that might do it for you.

But yeah, sugar is an addiction. You might try doing a detox type thing so you can get over the sugar and after that is over if the crave is too strong try the juice/seltzer combo.