helpppp. clueless!

Options
I know there is probably already a ton of threads about this, but anyway:

So im going on a workout dvd shopping spree.

I have a couple of dance ones ( Ministry of Sound-pump it up, and the Dirty Dancing workout ) but want to get some more.

i want to tone up, especially my stomach, but beyond dance workout dvds i feel a bit clueless, and there is sooo many out there i dont know where to start !

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated!!!!!

Replies

• francinecowart
    Options
    leslie sansone....walk away the pounds....you do different moves...easy moves...that help with toning as you walk the mile or 2nd, 3rd, or 4th mile....lol...they also use a strechy band....i like this one
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred by jilliam michaels last night and i LOVE it....
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I second the 30 day shred, its a great dvd! Its a great combination of strength cardio and abs in a 3-2-1 minute circuit. Sounds easy but I promise you it isnt! Its a step up from other dvd work outs in terms of intensity, but as its only 20 mins its do able. Carefull though you might get addicted to Jillian Michaels :wink: I started with this one and ended uo buying almost all her dvd's!
  • pinkgrape
    pinkgrape Posts: 5
    Options
    i started a jillian michaels one too 6 weeks six pack...its really tough but i m hoping it will have good results
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Zumba's a good one to get if you want some thing fun :)
  • nicjane113
    nicjane113 Posts: 48
    Options
    I use the "10 minute solution" DVD's. There are loads of different ones and they contain 5 10 minute workouts which are great for me working full time.

I have the "blast off belly fat" one which focuses on toning your stomach but there is another one for more general toning. They're cheap too and I definately felt them working
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I have over a 100 workouts. Core Rhythms is a good dance workout. I have the whole set, for except like two. They can be repetitive, but different too.

10 Minute Solution have some good workouts. Prevention Fitness Systems have some good workouts. Dance Off The Inches have some good workouts.

I love, love, love Tae Bo. Billy has some workouts that targets the abs. Some advance and some a beginner can do.

Pilates is good too. I don't do yoga. I can't stand yoga.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing the 30 day shred, and I SO highly recommend it as a great way to get into strength training! There is such a difference in my overall muscle tone / mass! And the workouts are only twenty minutes, so they are super easy to fit into your day! You can buy it on amazon a level at a time for download for incredibly cheap too.
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice guys! went to my local HMV (which isnt very big unfortunately ) but found one of the 10 minute solution ones which looks like what im after so im giving that a go tomorrow :)

They didnt have much so im going to get a couple off amazon too.

THANKS, you guys are great!!!

xxxxx
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    I you like free weights, Joyce Vedral has some good ones...she has a website. Google her.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • emmabyn
    emmabyn Posts: 1
    Options
    I highly rate Davina's body buff which has literally changed my life! You can pick and choose different routines and they are not too long but are hard! After just 3 weeks, my body shape is amazing - I have a waist for the first time ever and I have so much more energy too. It won't shed lots of pounds but it will make your body look amazing x