What do you eat for lunch?

Options
I have a terrible diet to be honest, I was hoping to get your help/ideas on nutritious food ideas for lunch.

I eat Vegemite sandwiches for lunch every day. What do you eat? Any ideas of what I could be eating that is easy to prepare and that isn't a salad?

Replies

• adinav81
    adinav81 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    i had vegetarian chili, brocolli, and a cheese stick for lunch. throughout the day i have snacks like papaya, pea crisp chips, almonds, apples, and grapes. to give you an idea if there is no barcode on it, its not processed. raw fruit and raw veggies are good for you. blend up kale and other things if you don't like salad in protein shakes. don't deprive yourself of good food. i did that and ate crap food (fast food and resturant) most of my life. remember those places need a quick profit and only sell foods with high sodium and high preservatives
  • bramblemoth
    bramblemoth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This week I'm having hummus with carrot sticks and pitta bread. You just need a separate little pot to put the hummus in.
  • molnardrea
    molnardrea Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have soup everyday for lunch. That is followed by some meat and veggies and starchy carbs like brown rice or potatoes to support my weight lifting.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am a lazy cook and I hate salads. I like warm cooked veggies (butternut, cauliflower etc), but I am not interested in a pile of cold raw greens, it just makes me sad, so I can identify with what you are saying.

For easy morning or night before prep, I am a fan of tortilla wraps with things in for lunch. Less calories than bread generally and hold everything together. Prep - take dinner leftovers, weigh them, spoon them into wrap, roll it up, put in a tupperware.

If you have no dinner leftovers, pretty much anything works. Cheese and Vegemite would work too actually (I am a big Marmite fan). Tomato and cheese. Chicken and hummus. Apple slices and peanut butter. Chocolate and banana. Pumpkin and chia seeds.

Also - soup. So many good soups around.
  • pearl2015a
    pearl2015a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great ideas everyone! I'll have to prepare my shop for this weekend! :) thanks
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    English muffin, smoked salmon, and cottage cheese. Around 1000 kj. Nommy!

No preparation: tuna and crackers snack packs from Aldi.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Usually one of the following: chopped salad (lettuce, celery, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes) with tiny cubes of mature cheddar (no more than 50g) - yeah I know you don't like salad, but it's an absolute staple for me - or rye thin crispbreads with hummus/soft cheese/cottage cheese, and tomatoes/peppers on the side. At least once or twice a week, I'll have leftovers from the previous night's dinner (stew, stir fry, curry, baked potatoes etc), that I heat in the microwave. As the weather gets colder, I expect I'll start having more soup and hot lunches. The one thing I've noticed with my lunches now is that I rarely revert to having a sandwich - they're just not filling enough for me for the number of calories in a couple of slices of bread.

I always have a portion of greek or low fat natural yogurt with my lunch - quick and convenient way to boost my calcium intake, and I generally take little pots filled with fruit for snacking on through the day (today is cantaloupe melon, but it's often grapes, strawberries, apricots or any fruit I have in my fridge that day).
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    nutra ninja blend of; 1cp of unsweeten almond vanilla milk, 2tbsp of NH hemp hearts, 2oz of frozen mixed fruit, 2oz of fresh baby spinach, 2oz of frozen banana & 3oz of pineapple juice.. actually pretty quick to make, tastes good and filling.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad, veggie salads , leftovers and once in awhile a frozen meal
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Baked, boneless, and skinless chicken breast (about 3 oz), side of mashed potatoes, and broccoli. It was delish.

And watermelon!!
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually have a salad. Dole makes these chopped salad kits that are really good and easy to put together on my way out the door. I usually throw some chicken in with it.
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    oh...isn't a salad. Maybe I should have read that first.
  • Soulinwater
    Soulinwater Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Usually a salad every day. Kale with a bit of avocado, sometimes quinoa. About to make myself a salad with tomatoes / onions and olive oil :) although it's past lunch time.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tuna salad sandwich, I buy those pre-packages servings with the mayo and everything already in them. Fruit on the side and a bottle of club soda. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Sometimes I'll buy a pound of ground turkey and make cajun burgers for the week. Stuffed tomatoes with cottage cheese or tuna. If I'm running late for work I'll grab a sandwich from a big gas station with a piece of fruit, they are usually around 500 cals.
  • jennycraig2015
    jennycraig2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am trying Jenny Craig (JC) without eating the JC food -- just following the program as closely as possible. Therefore, most days I eat a Healthy Choice meal with a salad or an additional vegetable, such as green beans, cabbage, etc. I follow that with a piece of fruit, such as watermelon, peach or banana. If I'm not in the mood for fruit, I put a Yoplait Light in the freezer to get the feeling that I'm eating some luscious ice cream. Hope this helps!
  • GSixZero
    GSixZero Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Grilled chicken, rice and broccoli. Basically everyday. Very bro and very boring but its so easy to prep in mass and I usually change around my other meals to give me variety.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm eating two fried eggs with steamed spinach and vinegar on top, with raw fresh tomato from the garden, steamed green beans with a bit of butter and salt and a 1/4c of canned pink salmon. Delish!
  • dontgiveup2319
    dontgiveup2319 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a salad that contains: spinach, sungold tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, bacon bits, turkey; chicken; or shrimp, and roasted pepper italian dressing. Somedays i eat pb&j with natural peanut butter, natural jelly and 45 calorie bread. Or I eat quail eggs with turkey bacon. :)
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Not a salad? Probably a regular sandwich. Ham, cheese, avocado, tomato, spinach leaves, red onion on grain bread.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Today I had a leftover turkey burger, basmati rice, and curried vegetables. Oh, also some carrot sticks.