Zombies, Run! App

Options
Hi all! :)
So, I absolutely hate running and in order to warm up to it, I downloaded the app Zombies, Run!
Has anyone used it and if so how accurate is it when using the option for treadmills? I'd run in my neighborhood but it's not the safest area, so I wanna do it at the gym on a treadmill. Any thoughts, suggestions or stories?

Thanks!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The app is a ton of fun - I've used it for several years (not for every run, so it's taking me awhile to get through all the seasons/missions) and really enjoy the story and the motivation to really pour it on when there are zombies coming up fast! :tongue:

But I'm an outside runner, so no advice to offer as far as treadmill accuracy. Good luck!
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's my favorite running app!
    I've finished season 1, looking forward to doing the races, then on to Season 2.

-Make sure you pay close attention to the artifacts, (email, twitter)

-mix it up with some supply runs, and if you can find a good place to run, do an air drop.

-I personally, have only used the GPS setting, and the constant pace setter, I know the pedometer setting can be used as far as accuracy, I think it will depend on the individual.

Raise the Gates!

• Fairyboogie
    Fairyboogie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I guess I'll just have to try it on the treadmill to find out!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I use the "constant speed" option. If it turns out you run faster or slower than you guessed you would run, you can use the little pencil icon at the top of the screen after your run to edit the distance to match what the treadmill says you did.

My phone doesn't work so hot as an accelerometer - sometimes, for a 5 mile run, it will only register 1/4 of a mile!