Can I Lose 80 lbs. in 9 weeks?

Options
13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    jln909 wrote: »
    For everyone who is wondering, this is the website.
    http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20466776,00.html

There's 25 celebs there. I hate slide shows. Would you please just give the name of the celeb you're talking about?

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

HELLO!
    I appreciate and thank those that took it upon themselves to calculate the calorie count and such, but for others that mock someone for just stating what they heard, that's unacceptable. I was looking for support from the community and thoughts on the topic, not my education.
    So yes, I know how to conduct research, and I know how to do simple calculations, but I asked about opinions of the celebrity and the SHRED diet. As stated, his weight loss was shocking. But, I wasn't asking to be analyzed.

And finally, I never said how much weight I intended to lose. I'm on the SHRED diet right now, so I am taking it one day at a time. It is a 6 week diet, aimed at maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

If you come here asking for advice then part of that will involve being educated and informed with relevant information, which is a good thing assuming its correct. I scrolled through that article I cant see who the person is who lost 80 in 9 weeks, which one was it? most of the celebrities who lost weight in that article followed 2 different types of diet.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    W

HELLO!
    I appreciate and thank those that took it upon themselves to calculate the calorie count and such, but for others that mock someone for just stating what they heard, that's unacceptable. I was looking for support from the community and thoughts on the topic, not my education.
    So yes, I know how to conduct research, and I know how to do simple calculations, but I asked about opinions of the celebrity and the SHRED diet. As stated, his weight loss was shocking. But, I wasn't asking to be analyzed.

And finally, I never said how much weight I intended to lose. I'm on the SHRED diet right now, so I am taking it one day at a time. It is a 6 week diet, aimed at maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

What's the rush? In order for this to be sustainable and long term you need to incorporate healthy habits over time, not crash. Celebrities and fitness professionals can do this as this is their job, their bodies are their work. To tackle this with student life - simply unrealistic.

Set a more realistic goal at 1-2lb/week and if you do more - great!
  • jln909
    jln909 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Slideshow, #7
    Celebrity, 50 Cent

If I could go back and change the title, I would, but it doesn't allow me it edit the post anymore :(
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

HELLO!

I've heard that a rectal stickectomy can result in a weight loss equivalent to one stick and the associated fecal matter.
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Slideshow, #7
    Celebrity, 50 Cent

If I could go back and change the title, I would, but it doesn't allow me it edit the post anymore :(

Really, Fiddy lost 80lbs?? He never looked like he nearly that much to lose. 30 maybe. Makes me think of that commercial - can't remember which it was.. I think for car insurance - making fun of "it was on the internet so it must be true." On another note - I'm lazy and don't feel like Googling, would you mind giving a summary of what the SHRED diet entails? I've never heard of it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    He lost 54 lbs... not 80 it says.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Slideshow, #7
    Celebrity, 50 Cent

Thanks. Look, they get paid to do this and it's not something to emulate. Here's more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1364821/50-Cents-dramatic-weight-loss-Things-Fall-Apart-revealed-new-trailer.html

He famously launched onto the music scene with his 2003 multi-million-selling album Get Rich Or Die Tryin' - and 50 Cent has shown his dogged commitment to success in his latest film role.

The 35-year-old rapstar - real name Curtis Jackson - underwent drastic weightloss to play an American football player stricken with cancer to the extent he almost looked on the brink of death in real life.

The star went on a strict liquid diet and spent three hours every day in the gym to lose four stone in two months to drop to under 11 stone for his starring role in Things Fall Apart.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/29/50-cent-feels-like-a-fat-_n_743475.html

50 Cent lost more than fifty pounds earlier this year for a movie role, and he put the weight back on over the summer.

Now it seems the rapper is feeling fat.

"I'm going to the gym I'm not but I feel like a fat boy I'm so use to training. When I take a few days of I start thinking I'm a blimp lol," he tweeted on Tuesday. "I watch people over train all the time I only work out 45min my diet changes everything you have to do both."

50's current workout routine sounds moderate compared to what he went through to play a cancer patient in 'Things Fall Apart.' He dropped from 214 pounds to 160 in just nine weeks by running on a treadmill three hours a day and sticking to a liquid diet.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Slideshow, #7
    Celebrity, 50 Cent

“I lost 54 pounds for it,” the 6-foot rapper, 34 --- who dropped from 214 pounds to an astonishing 160 with a liquid diet and three-hour-a-day treadmill walks for nine weeks -- tells the new Us Weekly (on newsstands now). "I was starving."

I wouldnt worry. most of the celebrities on that article lost really unhealthily i.e nyby starting or bariatric surgery.
    Its only a forum dopnt worry people just want to point out that the amount you mention is unrealistic, which now you know. Some people like to make fum becayse they are super smart in their own minds.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

To begin, my name is Jessica and I am 20 years old. I'm 5'6", and currently weigh 198.5 lbs.

I'm in college, and I've gained a lot of weight since high school. Bad dieting, sleep schedule, not enough exercise, the usual effects of being lazy.

I used to weigh around 160 in 2011, (junior year hs) but I tipped the scale at 202.4 on August 10, 2015. It was time for a change.

I started the SHRED diet that day!
    I've been happy with the results so far, but is it healthy? Have you (or someone you know) tried this diet?

I read online that a celebrity lost 80 lbs. in just 9 weeks. That's absolutely insane. I'm competitive and curious to see if it's actually doable.

Now, I'm not going to go crazy and not eat, or excessively workout. But I'm trying my best to lose the most weight in the least amount of time.

Let me know what you think of that celeb, this diet, etc. I want to hear your opinions!

I will update daily weight, exercise and meals.

Thank you!
    Jessica

That's all you need to know about this idea.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    OP asks "Can I Lose 80 lbs. in 9 weeks?"

<clickety clickety click> "Computer says nooooo"

• jln909
    jln909 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @Hornsby

Uh oh! Looks like I just had a "blonde" moment.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    @Hornsby

Uh oh! Looks like I just had a "blonde" moment.

Happens to the best of us. Either way, be safe with your weight loss! 1-2 lbs a week at most depending on your goal.
  • kozykondition1
    kozykondition1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Let us math!

80 lbs divided by 9 weeks is 8.8 pounds per week.

A pound is 3500 calories, by 8.8 and divided by 7 days is 4444 calories deficit in a day.

For your stats, your TDEE with 5-6 hours of strenious exercise a week is 2978 according to scooby's calculator.

So, if you eat literally nothing and exercise a lot you will still miss the mark by approximately 26.4 pounds.

I would say not possible. (If you cannot tell, I love math.)

I have similar stats to you, 5'6", 205 pounds though I am older at 30. I eat 1600 cals a day, except 3-4 days a month where I eat maintainence. (because TOM sucks) I have my weight loss goal at 1 lb per week then use exercise to push it up between 1.5-2 lbs. This gives me good motivation to work out but if I don't manage it, I still lose something. I have lost 37 pounds in 4-5 months this way so far and I am not hungry, not denied my favourite things and not obsessed over reaching a certain number by a certain time.

There is no race to the finish. Do it healthy and keep it off for the long term.

You need more math!

Your calculations assume 100% of the weight loss will be from fat. But there will be much muscle loss (~400 calories per pound), some bone mineral density loss (0 calories per pound), and a bit of extra cellular fluid loss (~0 calories per pound). There's also a few pounds of muscular and liver glycogen (~400 calories per pound).

Since the loss would be so rapid, I would assume 50% muscle loss, 40% fat loss, and 10% fluid loss. She already lost the 4-5 pounds of glycogen in her first week.

So, 400*8.8*0.5/7+3500*8.8*0.4/7+0*8.8*0.1/7 = ~2,000 calories per day

That's a "Naked and Afraid"-style deficit. But look at their before and after pictures. Do you want to do that to yourself? And that's for only one third of the length of time as the nine weeks we're discussing here.
This discussion has been closed.