Great experience at dr's office

Options
ericaconti
ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
Earlier today I went to the OBGYN for my annual check-up. I only go once a year so the nurses don't really know me. The nurse weighed me and then she was talking out loud to herself while entering my data. Her convo went something like this "height 5'7, weight 153. Wait, 153... hmm yeah, that's funny. Last year that entered your weight wrong. Someone typed 267 instead of 167. I'll go in and fix that (laughing out loud)"

I explained to her that last time I did weight 267 and that I've lost about 115 pounds. She thought I was joking with her and it wasn't until I said 'no seriously, look' and showed her my saggy upper arm.

I'm sure some people would be completely offended by this, but I thought it was awesome. Seriously made my day.

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Would make my date too! WTG!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Didn't she ask you how?
  • PattiWalling
    PattiWalling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is called a "non-scale victory"!!! Congratulations on the hard work and dedication. I'm sure when you saw your doctor he/she was pleasantly surprised and impressed with your spectacular transformation! Way to go!
  • ericaconti
    ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Didn't she ask you how?

No I think she was in too much shock to ask. Besides, my answer would have been boring. Burned more calories than I ate.
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I'm sure u were tickled pink!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    That is a great story about great results.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    That would make my day too. Great job!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! Such a great story. Congratulations to you on doing it the boring way :)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've received similar reactions/compliments when I've visited my doctor and it really inspires me. I used to never go to the doctors and now it's almost like a fetish. I can't wait for my next appointment.

The other thing that makes me happy to go into the doctors now is that I get the chance to make their day as well. Doctors give out the "lose weight, exercise more" advice all the time and it rarely gets followed. They care about their patients and just seeing the same people with the same issues time after time must get pretty frustrating, so when you can be the "one" who became healthier, it's refreshing for them and puts a smile on their face.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this!

It's a little too bad that nurse was so surprised, but it does make your story THAT much better! I would have paid to watch you proudly bare your arms :D

Congratulations on your success!
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :):):)
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I love love love this story!! Congratulations on a job well done. :D
  • Chabela53
    Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! It is so rewarding !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!