Snack Ideas

Options
Hey Everyone!

Hope everyone's Thursday is starting off right! It's almost Friday! Woohoo!!

So, I have my lunch prepared and ready to go, but I am lacking snack foods to munch on throughout the day. I apologize in advance if this was posted previously. I just don't have time to look for it as I am about to scram for work.

I will be running to the grocery store at lunch time, so if anyone has any quick grab and go snack ideas, please share!

Thanks!

:heart:

Replies

• nitashagarcia
    Options
    i normally pick up pepperoni with cheddar cheese and crackers! its a delicious snack! or any veggies :D
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    almonds

light string cheese

frozen grapes
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    almonds

light string cheese

frozen grapes

those are good too! i love almonds, havent gotten any for a while! and they help curb your appetite :D
  • cleanitup4me
    Options
    Do u do "clean eating"? Try almonds, grapes, apple w/ natural pb...wasa crisps w/ hummus, carrots w/ hummus
    a little bit of protein w/ a little bit of 'healthy' fat will keep u fuller longer. also, have a glass of h20 or seltzer to fill u up first...:drinker:
  • natillypooch
    Options
    Carrot, Celery & cucumber sticks x
  • hhopkins73
    hhopkins73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I crave chocolate for something sweet so I'll have a 90 calorie chocolate Fiber One bar or a banana....really helps to curb that tummy rumble!
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    try the lunchables for kids... they have ham cheese and crackers ..its about 200 cals...oh and granola bars!
  • CNYKrista
    CNYKrista Posts: 61
    Options
    My faves are light baked ruffles 80 cals and ounce or light fat free pringles 70 cals an ounce
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese (100g = 77calories)

melba toast and extra light laughin cow cheese (77 cals and 20 cals)

ryvita slices (39 cals)

alpen light bars (under 70 cals)

cashew nuts (20g = 100ish cals)

rice cakes (30 cals)

pitta bread (150)

natural yogurt (88 cals a pot)

wheat biscuits and skim milk (198)
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Here's a few of my favorite snacks:

Kellogg's Cracker Chips in Sea Salt or Sour Cream & Onion - both are delicious!! 27-30 chips per serving depending on flavor and 110-120 cals I believe

Rold Gold Everything Bagel Pretzels - 14 pieces per serving 120 cal

Fiber Plus Antioxidants Caramel Coconut Fudge Bars - 130 cal per bar 9g fiber

A lot of times at night, I will have about half a serving of the pretzels and half of the chips as a snack, and it is plenty!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    here are some snack ideas from the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Meal Plan:

1/4 cup almonds with a small orange

1 serving baked guiltless gourmet tortilla chips with 1/2 cup fresh salsa

1 hard boiled egg with an organic apple

1 horizon organic low-fat mozzarella cheese stick with a small organic pear

1 small bag of Pop Chips with 1/2 cup non fat organic cottage cheese

22 Days brand protein bar

Lara brand protein bar

1/4 cup sunflower seeds with 2 slices of watermelon

200 calories of organic turkey jerky
  • rockachick1982
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great ideas. Anything with little or no sugars as it seems I an. Almost at my. Limit for the day already!

Thanks !
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great ideas. Anything with little or no sugars as it seems I an. Almost at my. Limit for the day already!

Thanks !

Sugar has been a problem for everyone. If you are tracking your carbs and are within your goals there is no need to track sugar. As long as you are making healthy choices with your carbs. and not eating a lot of refined sugars. It is included in your carbs. I was told this by a diebetic nutritionist. If anyone would know it would be them.
  • previn84
    previn84 Posts: 48
    Options
    I premake a huge vat of fresh salsa. Then I freeze it in small portions and toss it into my lunch. Its thawed by noon... easy on the sugar... and oh so good!