insanity questions

Options
Can someone give me a rundown about Insanity? How long are the workouts and are there any off days? How long is the program?

Replies

• Luci_Green_Eyes
    Luci_Green_Eyes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's 9 weeks in total (month 1 uses a set of DVDs at around 25-40 minutes each in a rotation as per the timetable). These are a mixture of cardio, plyo, resistance, abs. Sundays are rest days. Week 5 is a more relaxing daily stretch based workout. Month 2 rotational DVDs are pretty insane and workouts are slightly longer.

There is also a nutritional guide provided with the programme package (high in protein).

I have the DVDs but dip in and out of them along with other forms of exercise / programmes rather than following it religiously now as it's fairly strenuous on joints etc if done every day. Plus I like to mix up my exercise!

Happy to answer any more questions you have. Hope this helps :-)
  • ds6099
    ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That sounds good! I like the approach of alternating since I don't want to commit to one form of exercise I may not like.
  • Hellen04
    Hellen04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's a tough program to follow as it's very intense regardless of your fitness level. I run, bike, lift weights, and play sports, and I am covered in sweat at the end of it as if it was my first day working out. It is an excellent cardio workout and using your body weight to build strength. You'll definitely see results in those 60 days for sure! As to following it every day, I'd recommend listening to your body. If you're super sore the next day, I'd give your body the opportunity to recover versus tearing it up again. I just added insanity to my new workout routine and I'm excited to see what kind of results I'm going to get with the combo. Good luck, you'll love it, and listen to your body.

Add me if you have questions or want motivation!

:)