Carbs for snacks?

I had a restrictive diet. I was fine, now it's getting old and i have been having a few binging episodes.
I've decided to incorporate snacks into my life for my sanity and happiness, plus i workout so i have SOME wiggle room. One serving isn't unhealthy in my opinion, i believe overeating is.

SO,
for ice creams, how many carbs is considered "too high" for a serving? and for snacks in general, what # of carbs is too high? I'm thinking of staying around 25 carb? I don't track my macros but for desserts/snacking im curious

Replies

• 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Just a question...are you watching carbs for health reasons - diabetes or pre-diabetes? If no, then why not just look at the calories instead of carbs? Just asking. I'm here to learn!
  • hstylesishot
    hstylesishot Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2015
    at first i was only thinking about calories so I was going to allow myself about 200 free calories for snacks a day but then i was like wait what if i get fat from carbs? I'm confused, I don't know what I'm doing which is why i asked this question haha. I just don't wanna gain fat, stomach fat especially, over time and I don't know if the # of carbs from the snacks will make that happen, or if I shouldn't worry about fat forming as long as I limit calories.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    carbs doesn't make you fat ....overeating does
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    carbs doesn't make you fat ....overeating does

This .

Op you seem to be misguided. Calorie surplus causes weight gain, not carbs.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    What? Just eat your 200 calorie snack. Maybe weigh it on a food scale but otherwise, carry on with your day.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    50andfabu wrote: »
    Just a question...are you watching carbs for health reasons - diabetes or pre-diabetes? If no, then why not just look at the calories instead of carbs? Just asking. I'm here to learn!

Proteins and fats, as well as soluble-fiber tends to keep you full longer, which in my opinion, would be helpful when dieting and counting calories. Ice-cream, again in my opinion, not so much. When I eat sugary cereal or candy I tend to start craving more, and then it leads to bad things :(
  • hstylesishot
    hstylesishot Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you everyone. You have all been really helpful! I apologize for the multiple posts I didn't know it was against the rules, so I'm sorry for that! But otherwise, thanks to everyone who helped :)