Scared of gaining weight? Help with snacks?

Options
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
I had a restrictive diet. I was fine, now it's getting old and i have been having a few binging episodes and depression.
I've decided to incorporate snacks into my life for my sanity/happiness plus i workout so i have SOME wiggle room. One serving isn't unhealthy in my opinion, i believe overeating is? Also I'm not trying to lose weight, but maintain so I'm done with dieting.

SO,
for ice creams, how many carbs is considered "too high" for a serving? and for snacks in general, what # of carbs is "too high" ? I'm thinking of staying around 25 carb for snacks? I don't track my macros but for desserts/snacking I'm curious

***I just don't wanna gain fat, stomach fat especially, over time and I don't know if the # of carbs from the snacks will make that happen, or if I shouldn't worry about fat forming as long as I limit calories.

Replies

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You will gain fat if you eat a lot more calories than you burn. You will gain it where you gain it. None of it has anything to do with carbs or other macros. Eat good ice cream. Use a bathroom scale. If you put on a material amount of weight, reduce calories. And consider talking to someone about your anxiety.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - you have posted three threads in three different forums with the exact same post. Please stop and limit your posting to one forum.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Sheldonklein pretty much rocked the answer.
  • hstylesishot
    hstylesishot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. You have all been really helpful! I apologize for the multiple posts I didn't know it was against the rules, so I'm sorry for that! But otherwise, thanks to everyone who helped :)