Carbs for snacks?

Options
hstylesishot
hstylesishot Posts: 19 Member
edited August 2015 in Food and Nutrition
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
I had a restrictive diet. I was fine, now it's getting old and i have been having a few binging episodes.
I've decided to incorporate snacks into my life for my sanity/happiness plus i workout so i have SOME wiggle room. One serving isn't unhealthy in my opinion, i believe overeating is? Also I'm not trying to lose weight, but maintain so I'm done with dieting.

SO,
for ice creams, how many carbs is considered "too high" for a serving? and for snacks in general, what # of carbs is "too high" ? I'm thinking of staying around 25 carb for snacks? I don't track my macros but for desserts/snacking I'm curious
I'm allowing myself 200 free calories a day for snacking by the way!

***I just don't wanna gain fat, stomach fat especially, over time and I don't know if the # of carbs from the snacks will make that happen, or if I shouldn't worry about fat forming as long as I limit calories.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
    I had a restrictive diet. I was fine, now it's getting old and i have been having a few binging episodes.
    I've decided to incorporate snacks into my life for my sanity/happiness plus i workout so i have SOME wiggle room. One serving isn't unhealthy in my opinion, i believe overeating is? Also I'm not trying to lose weight, but maintain so I'm done with dieting.

SO,
    for ice creams, how many carbs is considered "too high" for a serving? and for snacks in general, what # of carbs is "too high" ? I'm thinking of staying around 25 carb for snacks? I don't track my macros but for desserts/snacking I'm curious

***I just don't wanna gain fat, stomach fat especially, over time and I don't know if the # of carbs from the snacks will make that happen, or if I shouldn't worry about fat forming as long as I limit calories.

Umm if you don't want to gain fat then don't eat over maintenance, it really is that simple.

again, as long as you are in maintenance, then there is no limit on how many carbs you can have in your diet; a general rule of thumb for macro breakdown is .6 to .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fats per pound of body weight; and fill the rest in with carbs.

carbs do not make you fat, eating a caloric surplus does.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

SO,

Umm if you don't want to gain fat then don't eat over maintenance, it really is that simple.

again, as long as you are in maintenance, then there is no limit on how many carbs you can have in your diet; a general rule of thumb for macro breakdown is .6 to .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fats per pound of body weight; and fill the rest in with carbs.

carbs do not make you fat, eating a caloric surplus does.

All that.
  • hstylesishot
    hstylesishot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. You have all been really helpful! I apologize for the multiple posts I didn't know it was against the rules, so I'm sorry for that! But otherwise, thanks to everyone who helped :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you want the ice cream, eat it. There is no specific number of carbs or fat that are too high for ice cream unless you decide they are. Either plan the rest of your day around the treat (or, really, your whole day, balanced out) or don't worry about the macros.

If you can afford one, get an ice cream maker. You can make whatever you want. In the long run, you save a ton of cash and the ice cream is so much yummier!

"Too much," just like what you eat, is all up to you. It's your diet and you get to make the rules! :)
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Not gaining = not eating Surplus ( or int other words "calories over your maintenance level)

Eat less calories than and you will lose weight
    You can eat everything but you have to weigh all your food on a food scale to know how much calories you consume.