Weetabix... how do you eat it?

Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
I used to eat it soaked with milk as a kid... found out there are a lot of more creative ways to eat it... I bought a box today - what do you suggest I try?

Replies

• aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    I used to pour hot water on it as a kid, drain it off and then add a ton of sugar. I'd probably add the water still, skip the sugar, and have it with some berries. I forgot how much I enjoy Weetabix!
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    What is Weetabix? Like oatmeal?
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    More like shredded wheat, but on steroids. :)
  • LPlovescake
    LPlovescake Posts: 18 Member
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    I just got my first box. No milk with mine, please! I like them plain and sprinkled over cottage cheese.

They're ridiculously expensive here in the states, so I won't buy another box. They're not that good.
    Kexessa wrote: »

It's like shredded wheat, but softer and a little sweeter. IMO, it's better. It cannot hold up in milk. Turns to absolute mush immediately.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    poor hot milk on it, a bit of honey and a touch of cinnamon.
    Enjoy!
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    edited August 2015
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I just got my first box. No milk with mine, please! I like them plain and sprinkled over cottage cheese.

They're ridiculously expensive here in the states, so I won't buy another box. They're not that good.

It's like shredded wheat, but softer and a little sweeter. IMO, it's better. It cannot hold up in milk. Turns to absolute mush immediately.

Interesting. By the picture it must be one of those things that tastes better than it looks. Like shredded wheat though, must be high in fiber.
  • LPlovescake
    LPlovescake Posts: 18 Member
    Interesting. By the picture it must be one of those things that tastes better than it looks. Like shredded wheat though, must be high in fiber.
    [/quote]

Nope, they look better than they taste imo!

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »

No, it tastes about how it looks. Better than Shredded Wheat, worse than Cheerios. Compared to Crunch Berries...well, it wouldn't even show up for the contest, lol.

But taste is a personal thing. I think they're good, but not good enough to buy again. Someone else might think they're the greatest thing ever, KWIM?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member

[/quote]

Lol, I was thinking it looked delicious. I'd probably be let down, although I loved shredded wheat as a kid!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

Lol, I was thinking it looked delicious. I'd probably be let down, although I loved shredded wheat as a kid! [/quote]

Haha well it's been a while since I've had some so I'll probably be disappointed too..

Will try warm milk and honey.
  • staciscotty
    staciscotty Posts: 8 Member
    I have mine with lite vanilla bean yoghurt and lite/no added sugar tinned fruit salad - so good!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I prefer them best with just milk.

But as a kid, we'd eat them with jam and cream on top.

These days I buy the "Weet-Bix Go" breakfast biscuit things. So easy.

http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/breakfast/weet-bix-go
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2015
    I have 6 weetbix with warm milk and a tablespoon of sugar.
    This was my breakfast for years

Ours don't look like the picture posted above. They're lighter in colour and a oblong shape.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited August 2015
    Slice in half, spread with butter and jam.

And there is a recipe for chocolate slice made with them too.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited August 2015
    I have 6 weetbix with warm milk and a tablespoon of sugar.
    This was my breakfast for years

Ours don't look like the picture posted above. They're lighter in colour and a oblong shape.

Yep ... and sort of flaky. I don't think you could slice them in half, they'd fall apart.

I bought a box a while back, and so far have had 4 with almond milk. But I decided then that they need something. I'm thinking my low cal syrup might be OK. Otherwise I'm not sure. Cinnamon might be an idea.

Mine are these ... cheap and fairly low cal.
    Homebrand-Wheat-Biscuits.jpg

• aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    I've always wanted to try these since babysitting a boy from a French family that always ate that for breakfast. I always thought it looked so good! I like shredded wheat too though, that's my kind of cereal! Probably not for everyone.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    6 Weetabix? They must be small ones.

They have different flavours in the UK, strawberry, golden syrup, banana,chocolate.

I like them and hot milk is the way to go, but just like oatmeal you cna then spice them up.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    They do slice in half. Mum would give us that for morning tea at school if she didn't bake. :blush:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Here's ours. You couldn't cut them in half, they'd fall/crumble apart.

xap6lteu7a47.png