SOS

Options
My name is Lily, Im 20 years old but have been fighting with the struggle of my weight since I was 17... It's getting harder each second.
For a year I had anorexia and bulimia (not proud) buy trying to be out of that hell.
The thing is... my old friends are history, they don't support my healthy eating and always tell me I should be happy and to eat a burger; my family tries to help but I feel so... So alone... Hope I can find any help here or at least a hand to hold.
I dont know if I can reach my goal weight but I want to reach happiness.

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Professional help. Now.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Have you spoken to a professional about your food issues? There's nothing wrong with eating a burger every once in awhile.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Therapist. ASAP. This is what they are for. Do not try to get help online, it can make things worse. You sound depressed and you need professional help. A good therapist really can make a big difference. Good luck.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If your parents are supportive then they will have no problem sending you to a therapist. There is NOTHING wrong with getting professional help from someone who specializes in this area. It is great that you are wanting to work through these issues!

Ask for help from someone that is trained in helping others with issues similar to yours. Surround yourself with people that truly care about your well being.

I wish you all the success!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    LilyA1322 wrote: »
    My name is Lily, Im 20 years old but have been fighting with the struggle of my weight since I was 17... It's getting harder each second.
    For a year I had anorexia and bulimia (not proud) buy trying to be out of that hell.
    The thing is... my old friends are history, they don't support my healthy eating and always tell me I should be happy and to eat a burger; my family tries to help but I feel so... So alone... Hope I can find any help here or at least a hand to hold.

Hi Lily. How tall are you and what is your goal weight?
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Therapist. ASAP. This is what they are for. Do not try to get help online, it can make things worse. You sound depressed and you need professional help. A good therapist really can make a big difference. Good luck.
    This definitely. .get help kid
  • LilyA1322
    LilyA1322 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

My height is 164 m and current weight is 78 kg, goal weight is 60.
  • LadyDaenerys
    LadyDaenerys Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I know exactly how you feel! some times we just need like minded people in our lives to really help us move forward. I also know what you mean about feeling so alone in this battle! So Do I! I just moved 6 hours away from my home and I live with my boyfriend. We don't share the same ideas on diet health and fitness. I'll be exercising next to him while hes eating a ice cream sandwich. or I'll be watching what i'm eating and he will be eating pancakes. I've learned that will power is NOTHING without determination... you need both! and once you have that, no amount of pancakes in your friends mouths will matter, no matter what they say is OK or not, you will know whats right for you and you can ignore their ignorance. In fact you might inspire them to be more healthy with you, but if not... WHO CARES... get that determination, get that fire... it's in you... you just have to find it, let it out and capture it!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options

For those of us not on metric, that's 5'3" and 132 pounds.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

That's a good weight goal for your height.

But I recommend not looking for happiness through your weight. You are not a number on a measurement device. You are a beautiful person.

The world is amazing, full of beauty, art, literature, movies, science, history, maths, sport, travel, animals, penguins, cats... :)

So many ways to find knowledge and joy!

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What does your therapist say?