30 day shred - newbie!

Options
Hello there!

I've just ordered my 30 day shred DVD, and a set of dumbbells online! What can I expect?

Could anyone give me advice on where to do this? I have a small sitting room (carpeted), would it be OK to do it there?

The 30 days of commitment..wow, I hope I can do it!

Any tips or advice are very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kayle

Replies

• hilliardtl
    hilliardtl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day Shred last night. It is a great workout. You can do it in a small area, I done mine in my livingroom in about a 5x5 area. I used 2 pound weights. I must say I am feeling it today. I can't wait to see results. It is very user friendly too. you will love it!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I do it in my living room. Starting out its tough, but in the first week or so you get the hang of it.
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    You can do it wherever you're most comfortable. Stick to it and make it a lifestyle! Good luck!
  • smaem
    smaem Posts: 12
    Options
    Carpet is fine as long as your room is large enough to jump around and lay down (sit ups/push ups). The shred is great for toning but I would add some extra cardio with it (walking/jogging) if you want to lose weight as well. Good luck!
  • updowngirl
    updowngirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Friday but couldnt start over the long weekend since we were gone a lot. I'll start with you if that will help--I'm a little worried about making the commitment for 30 days too but we could pull each other along! Anybody else out there want to start 30DS soon? Friend me and we'll get started when your equipment arrives if that works for you.
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    i have just bought this too!!! will let you know how i get on
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A small room with a TV will work just fine. You can expect some hard work. I couldn't keep up when I did it the first time. But it'll get better with time. Now I'm doing P90X, and 30DS got me in shape to do that.
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just started last night-i haven't purchased the dvd yet- I'm using level one that Comcast has On Demand. I did my workout in my bedroom. I have hardwood floors so i had to use my mat for the situps & push ups. I used 3lb hand weights. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but it was a good workout. I was covered in sweat when i finished. I'll buy the actual dvd in a couple weeks when i get paid again so i can start levels 2-3.
  • Hugheston
    Hugheston Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started yesterday, and although I feel sore, I feel great! I can't wait to see results. She packs so much in 20 minutes! As an answer to your question, you don't need a big space to workout, which I was happy about b/c I have a small living room too. Best of luck to you!
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Friday but couldnt start over the long weekend since we were gone a lot. I'll start with you if that will help--I'm a little worried about making the commitment for 30 days too but we could pull each other along! Anybody else out there want to start 30DS soon? Friend me and we'll get started when your equipment arrives if that works for you.

That would be fantastic - thank you! I appreciate the support!

My equipment will be here next week - also added you as a friend :)
  • kaylemartin
    Options
    I just started yesterday, and although I feel sore, I feel great! I can't wait to see results. She packs so much in 20 minutes! As an answer to your question, you don't need a big space to workout, which I was happy about b/c I have a small living room too. Best of luck to you!

That's good to know! Thanks x
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i hate doing the push ups. for real
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    do you have a yoga mat? it'll probably be better than your carpet for some of the exercises - especially the ab moves.
  • kaylemartin
    Options
    do you have a yoga mat? it'll probably be better than your carpet for some of the exercises - especially the ab moves.

Yes, I have a yoga mat! x
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it in July. I can't wait!
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    great! :)
    also not sure how small your living room is but mine is teeny tiny and i often have to rearrange my mat to get it in the correct position. my mat usually slips if i'm doing lunges/plank twists/etc so i have to move it out of the way and do my lunges on the carpet. i just have to do it really quickly inbetween moves. make sure you have enough room to do the cardio and room for your mat as well!
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I started it the other day, on day 3 today, and I have very little space and I was fine. Once you have enough space for a push up you will be fine as the majority of the excercises are standing up...

I love it but I am very sore after it... but bring it on"!!!!
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I started it the other day, on day 3 today, and I have very little space and I was fine. Once you have enough space for a push up you will be fine as the majority of the excercises are standing up...

I love it but I am very sore after it... but bring it on"!!!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    If you have room to do jumping jacks and to lie down on the ground you will be able to do it in that room. I am on day four of the 30 day shred, it is great for calorie burn. about 250 calories in 30 minutes. and it works so many parts of your body. Just pull through, I am feeling better, no pain today, then on day 2 and 3. I cant wait till i am finished it though. lol So I can move on to something else.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im on level 3 for 30DS.

I havent done it every day. Ive done about 3/4 times per week with other exercise in between.

I just do it in the living room on the carpet, I dont have a mat or anything.

Level 3 if defo the hardest but its my favourite.

I didnt take any photos before but Im sure I look better now. Ive just taken soon so I can compare after I do 6 weeks 6 pack.

xxxx