the summer of ME!

Options
Hi! I'm a SAHM and over the last 4+ years I've seem to have taken the back seat to putting myself anywhere near the top of the pecking order. I think it is common, right?! Well, I was reading a book a couple of weeks ago, and one of the characters was talking about putting herself first and she called it the, "summer of ME". So, I, too, was inspired to do the same. I have a girls' weekend coming up in the middle of July and I decided that I was NOT going to be the only one in a skirted bathing suit, so I put my walking shoes on and officially started the summer of ME!

I began working out using the Slim in 6 series a few weeks ago, started counting my calories and walking 3+ miles. I've already lost 4 pounds, toned up, and am feeling GREAT! The summer of ME is off to a great start!

Anyway, it's hard to stay motivated some days, but I have a goal in mind and I'm going to reach it! Good luck to everyone on here and hopefully we can keep each other going!

Replies

• mertheg01
    mertheg01 Posts: 19
    Options
    Great Post. I like the "Summer of Me" I feel the same way. Add me as a support friend if you wish.. Never heard of the "Slim in 6 Series" It works well?
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    Hi, not to sound like an idiot but I though you meant "the summer of Maine." I got really excited and thought you lived in maine...hahaha....I can really be a geek sometimes:flowerforyou:
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, but "you go girl!". I like the attitude and determination. Plus, you have a real goal that's fairly short term. I don't know that you'll get 16 pounds in the next 6 weeks (possible), but you'll get close if you stay with it. :smile:
  • CherryPie0420
    CherryPie0420 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Summer of me...I am loving that!! I also love your attitude!! When I first started losing weight Slim in 6 was one of my main workouts so it will always have a special place in my heart. You go girl!!!
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    Yes, Slim in 6 works VERY well! I started it last year and lost 25 pounds and several inches and then stopped, and now I'm back at it! Lost 4 pounds already and some inches. Sometimes it is hard to stay "in" it, especially when the kids are up and needing me (like this morning!).
  • Yankee028
    Yankee028 Posts: 4
    Options
    ok well in the same spirit of celebrating life and what I need to do, I have taken up rollerblading again because running is just too boring! The thing is I am fifty and the pads to protect my back and hips add a few dress sizes. (Does my bum look big in this? that ship has sailed). Can't describe how fun it is. Just wanted to encourage anyone else who is hesitating about doing something they think might be fun, but afraid of what people might think. Guess what? Here is what I have discovered: Get over yourself. Most people don't care. All the best for the summer.
  • 2BabyMama
    2BabyMama Posts: 65
    Options
    "Summer of ME" LOVE IT! I'm a SAHM mom as well and in the exact same boat. I've put my kids 1st for 3-years now and I'm beginning to be that crabby/mean mom, which is NOT what I chose when I decided to stay home and I know it's because I have all but forgotten about me. I have a hard time even thinking of who I was before kids and when people ask me about myself I have nothing to offer that isn't about my kids and husband....anyway, long story short, I feel your pain and I believe this is the summer we both regain "US"! Add me if you like!

Carrie :)