All goals met-now time to shift gears

Options
I started my daily walk with MFP in March 2010 and have now met every goal I set out to do. At the time they were a dream; lose 65 pounds, wear 34" pants, do chin-ups, and ultimately go skydiving with my son. Last week above the North Carolina countryside (Raetown for those of you curious) I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and did over a mile of free fall with my son. I will never forget the surreal sight of making eye contact with him 10 meters away as we went past brightly lit puffy clouds as it made all the sweat and effort of the past 15 months very worthwhile.

Now I go to what I'm calling 'Phase Two' with the critical goal of living the daily life that will keep the weight off. I will use MFP daily as the tool I need to keep me where I want to be. I resolve even more to avoid/minimize sugar, flour, most alcohol, fried foods, and other dumb calories in my life. I will continue to work-out early in the morning and do a lot of walking. I'm going to recognize and deal with my issues of anxiety and stress and NOT eat food as a means of trying to suppressing them.

I'm going to attempt to post some relevant before and after photos. To me they are photos that money can't buy. First one is from November 2009 when my son and I were at an event in Georgia. At that time I weighed around 295 pounds. The second photo will be Memorial Day weekend, 2011 and I'm under 210. .

Money can't buy what you see in that second photo nor could it have been possible without MFP!

Matt__Doug_Oct_2009-1.jpg
Dropzone.jpg

Replies

• missymarea
    missymarea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OMG! Amazing!!!!! Great Job!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!! Awesome work!!!
  • sheraton1
    sheraton1 Posts: 1
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations on all your success! Big thumbs up on jumping out of the plane, not sure I could do that one!
  • siktir23
    siktir23 Posts: 3
    Options
    GREAT post sir! Keep up the good work!
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this story... You look great, keep up the good work!!!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, sir! You'll inspire many of us with your accomplishment and your continued success!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Fantastic! So proud of you!!! Keep up the great work!
  • jlcanty
    jlcanty Posts: 1
    Options
    Your before and after photos speak volumes to the hard work you put in, but so did your words- congrats on meeting your goals- AWESOME
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Wow Sarge! Great results... I am so happy for you that you have reached these milestones and that you see the importance of setting new ones! I was flabbergasted when I saw the 'after' pic! Fan-ucking-tabulous!!!!
    Can't say it enough ... so happy for you!
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    It's been quite a ride! You will be fine. I will let you know when I get the free fall thing done. I have had a goal for the last five years or so to get that done on any birthday I weigh 200 pounds or less. I skipped it this year to run a triathlon. I think I will just skip the birthday now and just do it! You inspire me buddy!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wow.....you look great & happy!!
    Congrats on your success meeting your goals!!
    Thanks for sharing
  • penmillion
    penmillion Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Great job!
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, love that picture! You look GREAT!!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Great job, I don't know if I would have the guts to jump. And holy cow you look like a younger Gunny, Lee Ermny (sp?)
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :noway: 1st your a nut for jumping out a plane
    :bigsmile: 2nd you look great doing it
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am such a softie!! I teared up in your first paragraph!

I salute you on your wonderful success and I wish you all the best in maintaining what you've obviously worked hard for!!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is amazing
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What an inspirational story for us all. Thanks so much for sharing your success with us. It'll certainly help me keep my resolve.
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    you done an amazing job. very proud of you. this post brought tears to my eyes!!!! good tears tho :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!