Healthy Food Suggestions for Fishing Trip

Options
Going on a fishing trip tomorrow and I could use some healthy food suggestions to pack in my cooler for breakfast and lunch. I need to make a change from Subs, beer and junk food. Please Help!

Replies

• kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    pack ham or turkey sandwhiches on whole wheat bread with mayo made with olive oil- really tastey! bring baked chips if you like chips, low fat string cheeses, grapes, & sliced apples. also bottled water. all very easy to pack and handle while you've got a fishing rod in your hand :)
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fishing trip + pocket knife = Sushi!!!! LOL! Pack some fruit maybe or a healthy sandwich... Have fun!
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    For breakfast you could make a protein shake or rasberry smoothie and pour it in a thermo or some type of insulated cup. For lunch your best bet is a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread or you can make a chicken salad ahead of time and store it in a cooler. For snacks: carrots, whole wheat crackers, 100 cal snacks, fruit? And of course lot's of bottled water.
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Pack the sandwich in a ziplock so you can eat it without touching it with fishy hands.

I am a big fan of trailmix or nut bars when I fish, they are very filling and easy to handle.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    lots of water, sandwich turkey or chicken breast sandwich with lettuce or spinach in it and what ever else you might want ;onion, tomato, light dressing or mustard instead of mayo. Apples, pears,whatever you are snacking on at home or work.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips. I certainly will eat better thanks to the information I received from you.