Exercise and Cellulite.

Options
Any body ever notice if their cellulite reduces or even goes all away after fat loss/weight loss? I'm seeing some on my outer thighs...hoping with continuing deficit and exercise it will go away.

Replies

• petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a reduction but it probably will never be "perfect". I think it's just one of those things based on body type but the more I workout/lose the less I have.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Run. It'll go down.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Genetics rule here. Age also plays into it. Just do what you can.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I hope mine goes down some. I'm working very hard!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 lbs since I've used MFP (possibly 50 since my highest weight) and mine is greatly reduced. Not perfect but enough to be pretty confident on the beach and in the nude. I lift heavy as well.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The women on my dad's side blame their bodies on genetics. I have the same figure: a larger lower body and awful cellulite when I gain weight and don't care. It's funny, though, how I've noticed that my cellulite reduces dramatically with overall fat loss combined with regular, but gentle, exercise. One of my cousins figured out the same thing. Just be consistent. I walk, do various body weight squats, jump and play in the ocean, and practice yoga, and I do at least one of those things every single day. Do I have cellulite? Yes. But I've seen enough of an improvement to know that I'm keeping good habits instead of blaming it on the "Rock" bottom.
  • Leka1000
    Leka1000 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Im good as long as i just dont sit certain ways. ..no way around hiding it for sex though :(
  • Leka1000
    Options
    lmaharidge wrote: »
    Run. It'll go down.
    Why run? I gotta do cardio that i like!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Leka1000 wrote: »
    Thanks. Im good as long as i just dont sit certain ways. ..no way around hiding it for sex though :(

Looks better by candle light
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Any body ever notice if their cellulite reduces or even goes all away after fat loss/weight loss? I'm seeing some on my outer thighs...hoping with continuing deficit and exercise it will go away.

Lift heavy weights and you'll notice a difference! I train my legs really hard 2 times a week and I'm seeing huge differences! No wobble!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Cellulite isn't notice by a man when you hand him a sandwich.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Mine was invisible (or I guess didn't exist [?], since it's just fat pushing through a matrix) when I was at a BMI of 20.

That is usually (hopefully) the last thing on anyone's mind at that point in time. If you have any indication from your partner it is, you should dump them.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Cellulite isn't notice by a man when you hand him a sandwich.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Bahahaahahaha
  • Leka1000
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Mine was invisible (or I guess didn't exist [?], since it's just fat pushing through a matrix) when I was at a BMI of 20.

That is usually (hopefully) the last thing on anyone's mind at that point in time. If you have any indication from your partner it is, you should dump them.

Definitely not his problem! All my problem. He loves my body more than I do lol

• Leka1000
    Options

Lift heavy weights and you'll notice a difference! I train my legs really hard 2 times a week and I'm seeing huge differences! No wobble!!

Cool, Im doing squats, lunges and deads with dumbbells. 50lb deads, 20-30lb squats and 20lb for lunges. 3 sets, 10 reps.

• jamieben1824
    jamieben1824 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have too... running does help and lifting. I have been hitting the weights harder and that REALLY helps :)
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

Cool, Im doing squats, lunges and deads with dumbbells. 50lb deads, 20-30lb squats and 20lb for lunges. 3 sets, 10 reps.

Go heavier. Mine has gotten so much better since I started lifting heavy.
  • Leka1000
    Options
    heavier is a problem....I need a babysitter and go to gym...I hope I can do this.