P90X Lean vs. Classic

Options
Hello everyone,

So I began my P90X journey two days ago and have been reading like crazy in regards to the lean program since I thought that would be the best choice for weight loss. I weight 190 lbs, measure 5' 9", and I'm 21 years old; what program would be better for me to choose as far as reducing body fat, losing weight, inches, and gaining muscle?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,
Abel

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Classic hands down. Make sure you keep a little bit of a calorie deficit.
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

So I began my P90X journey two days ago and have been reading like crazy in regards to the lean program since I thought that would be the best choice for weight loss. I weight 190 lbs, measure 5' 9", and I'm 21 years old; what program would be better for me to choose as far as reducing body fat, losing weight, inches, and gaining muscle?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,
    Abel

Classic, no doubt.

Dean
  • abelamorales
    Options
    What's the benefit of doing the Class workout versus the Lean workout?
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Go ahead and read this about Classic versus Lean.

http://teamripped.com/coach-ws-tips/my-workoutshybrids/p90x-schedule

This will tell you exactly why you should do Classic!!

Go Get Em and BRING IT!!!!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

Classic uses an approach geared towards adding more muscle. It starts to get you into fast twitch muscle via lower repetitions and heavier weight. It also give the body a reason to use fat stores for energy instead of breaking down muscle if you are at a calorie deficit.

Lean sticks to more slow twitch(endurance) muscle. Lighter weight more repetitions and is why it gives more of a just toned looking muscle. I don't see the point of anyone doing lean unless it's needed do to injury or if you are a hard gainer and of a certain body type.