Running AND completely an exercise dvd program?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
Is anyone running and doing one of those X number of days programs at the same time (i.e. P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire...)? If so, how do you fit your runs into the calendar?

I did a hybrid of ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Fire, and I was finishing that up when I started training for my half marathon. However, I didn't run as much as I should've, and I probably cut out some of the dvd workouts as well (partially due to chronic sinusitis). After I have sinus surgery in early July, I want to do just Turbo Fire, but I also want to keep running in my schedule, albeit maybe 10 miles per week for now. I am not sure exactly what to move around or eliminate.

Thanks!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing CLX & C25K (have been for the past 6 weeks)

I run M,W&F which are the same days as my burn/push/lean circuits (1,2&3)

I love doing it this way. I don't find it to be 'too much' at all.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    when I do TF (beginning August 8th) after completion of CLX, I want to continue running. I plan to run on the strength & toning days, or the HIIT 15 (shorter session) days of TF.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Although I am not soley doing p90x (there are other at home exercise programs i do) I try to fit in a run every other day in the morning before my son wakes up. And while he's napping in the afternoon, I do the exercises.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I had been doing Insanity and C25K, but suspended it due to injury a few weeks back. Will hopefully start running up again soon. Already back on week 2 of Insanity.

I found that it was better for me to do the workout program and then go running. The workout served as a warmup for the run and got me all stretched out and limber. When I didn't follow that plan I ended up injuring myself by pushing too hard too soon on running. I've learned from my mistakes this time around.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I do my dvd's (jillian michaels 30DS or No More trouble zones) in the mornings and then in the evening i do my runs before dinner.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My plan is to do the strength training from Chalean Extreme 2-3 days a week and do cardio the other days (aka running). I'm not following any sort of set schedule tho, and the past week has been wonky with Memorial Day weekend when I was away for 4 days. But my plan is:

Monday - Interval Run
    Tuesday - Training Session + short run (mile or two)
    Wednesday - Chalean Extreme Lean circuit
    Thursday - Kickball
    Friday - Chalean Extreme Lean circuit
    Saturday or Sunday - Long run
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I incorporate cardio (running, spinning, swimming, elliptical) in and I'm doing 30 day shred, BUT I think 30DS is easier than p90x and some others. But I like the results I'm getting with what I'm doing.
  • PurelyZee
    PurelyZee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to find this thread later...have to take the little ones to school:)
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am officially starting P90x today. (I have been using the DVDs for about a week get my body used to working out again.) I will continue to run at least twice a week because I have a half marathon in October and if I completely stopped running I lose my conditioning.