I feel so poorly :-( (sickness bug)

Options
Boohoo!

I haven't been sick now for nearly 12 hours and everything hurts, but the worst thing is, there is a part of me wanting to exercise. I've obviously become hooked.

And is it bad to hope that the bug has helped in the weight loss in some way?!

As a serious point, would you rest or get out? (In the middle of country, so I'm not worried about spreading anything). Do you just carry on with eating at a defecit, or do you eat more for a while to get fully better.

I realise these are probably silly questions...

Replies

• daisy888mfp
    daisy888mfp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been sick for about a week and still unable to exercise. I know the feeling! Unfortunately for me, I've been taking comfort in carbs and so no weight loss. It's been very frustrating. To answer your question, I would try to exercise only if I felt up to it. Although fresh air is always nice, gotta make sure you don't end up passing out in the woods somewhere lol! Don't push your body too hard; give it time to recover. Hope you feel better soon!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    sorry you are feeling bad and hope it goes away soon. Part of being healthy is knowing when your body needs to rest. If you feel like taking a walk then do so but I would not push it to much. I know it is hard anytime I sit down I get a guilt feeling like I should be up moving but there has to be a balance.

Feel better soon (both of you)
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you, both of you. It's silly really, but once you get into getting fitter, it's hard to switch off from it!

Went for a long slow walk with my husband. Definitely feel better for it, although tired. Didn't push myself in any was, but feel happier.

Hope you are feeling better soon, Daisy888mfp
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I started getting sick yesterday. I've been around sick people at work and at home. I ate more yesterday than I normally do; just could not get enough. But today, I'm stickling to my calories and told my wife that I'm going to the gym tonight after a light dinner dinner to lift weights. Hope you feel better soon.
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ugh feel better darlin'! I hate being sick. I'm glad you were able to get a little walk in and it helped your mood. NOW BACK TO BED! LOL
  • loeylovesyou
    loeylovesyou Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sickness usually helps lose a little as you don't even have the energy to reach for unhealthy foods, but unless your sick for a long time your really just losing water weight :( luckily for you sickness = rest and anyone that knows anything about losing weight and building muscle knows sleep is KEY! Let your body rest until you feel at least 90% better.. Keep up with the H2o and remember sometimes it's good to just let your body rest and recover :)
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :) you are all making me feel much better! Have rested all afternoon and got some electrolyte tablets in some water to drink (feels much more satisfying than just water).
  • AirportJo
    AirportJo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Aw, you poor things. Sickness bugs suck. I totally symapthise. I had a bad bout of sickness a few months back and felt like I'd been hit by a truck!
    Rest, rest, rest. Eat well and get your strength back and let your body heal.
    Be better soon x