Hello Forum!

Options
Hello Forum,
I am Annaleigh. I stepped on the scale yesterday and decided I'd better do something and fast! I knew I had to lose weight,but I didn't realize how bad things had gotten! So,here I am! Hopefully,this time around I'll do things right and not give up! If I had not given up before,I would already be at the right weight!

Replies

• alikat100
    alikat100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi am Allie have been using mfp for a while have lost 12kg or nearly 2st it is achievable , have no idea what weight you are or what you want to loose? I was 92kg and now 78.2 legs don't rub and belly is going down. Have 5 children one has left home and youngest is starting school in sept so I intend to walk loads, have had what thought was sciatica since Feb but in may physio said was slipped disc, have spine injection coming up that hope cures it and I can come off painkillers . My biggest downfall I bread and cars which I have noticed days I cut out feel tons better or swapping bread for mini wraps. IF your looking for help log on and chart even if you have crap days you still diary it.
  • Annaleighmarie
    Annaleighmarie Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well,I was embarrassed to put the exact weight on here. I am pretty ashamed that I let it get so far. I stepped on the scale and was 256 pounds. I should of never stopped trying to lose the weight before,but I did and now it's worse. As for logging,I do a pretty a good job of adding everything. My main issue is the sodas I drink. I can't seem to give up my Coca-Colas. It's been a battle for years. I don't think I'll ever give it up completely. The other issue is my anxiety. I would love to just go walk on the lake or ride my bike,but even that is a battle.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hello, you've come to the right place for support and tips! You can add me as a friend, I'm on here most days unless I'm traveling which is coming up soon! I can't wait I'll be doing Yoga by the Beach! Good luck to ya!
  • Annaleighmarie
    Options
    Yoga on the beach? That does sound like a lot of fun! Have a great trip!
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Annaleigh! Welcome and way to go on your first step. I completely know how you feel to step on a scale and have the 'holy cRap' moment. Coca cola was my weakness too. I started by drinking lemon water. Ice cold, non-stop. Reducing the amount of coke I drank a little bit a day. Coke has a lot of sugar and caffeine and if you drink it regularly you may have withdrawls if you cut it cold turkey. Which include headaches. My first step in changing my eating habits was to stop drinking my calories.
  • Annaleighmarie
    Options
    I started drinking water with the little Hawaiian Punch flavor packets ,but I still have to drink some Coca-Cola. I just can't help it. I've been drinking them since I was a child and just can't seem to stop.