Replies

• ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    Rockledge which is on the east coast.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ... I am in hot sunny Miami .... I love working out outdoors for some reason ...Right now, I'm doing an early morning boot camp .... but I'm about to start going back to walking/jogging in the evenings.

Are any of you on specific meal plans, I really need ideas because I get bored easily.

I'm trying to loose about 15 - 20 pounds.
  • Amy510w
    Amy510w Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in Jacksonville...workouts, I do Jazzercise and sometimes if it's not SMOKING HOT, I will walk about 2 miles with the hubby and our son. But, Jazzercise is exercise of choice. I am totally addicted!
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Okeechobee here! I graduated from UCF a loooong time ago but now my daughter goes there.. I definitely know where Bradenton and Rockledge are. Great to know we have so many Floridians. I am a third generation Florida Girl and I workout inside but do walk in the evenings. Looking forward to wearing a bikini at the beach in about a month so I am ramping up my workout.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Another Central Floridian here just west of Disney. And I workout inside but would like to get some outdoor running in. But between the bugs, heat, and rain, I can't figure when I want to do it.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I also in Central Florida, Ocala to be exact!

Now that we are approaching our hotter months, what does everyone do to exercise? Do you still workout outside? Or find somewhere cool?

I still try to make it outside - we go to the beach a lot. So I run and swim. In the house, I use the Xbox Kinect and the elliptical.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options
    Okeechobee here! I graduated from UCF a loooong time ago but now my daughter goes there.. I definitely know where Bradenton and Rockledge are. Great to know we have so many Floridians. I am a third generation Florida Girl and I workout inside but do walk in the evenings. Looking forward to wearing a bikini at the beach in about a month so I am ramping up my workout.

I love it out there! So country, reminds me of Alabama.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    More people from Florida than I thought. I'm from Panama City [Northwest] and hoping to lose a good 100 pounds. That would be absolutely amazing. I'd be pleased with 70. :]
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    Girlie:

"If you take care of the days the weeks and months will take care of themself"....................Denny Faulk

I find doing multiple workouts throughout the day helps. Morning and evening even if they are smaller workouts it gets your heart pumping and calories burning. For every 1 hour of cardio you do ( with elevated heart rate) you increase life expectency by 2 hours !

Smitty
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    Another Floridian here! Space coast/Melbourne which is central east coast. Grew up on the beaches and love it here! I attend FSU during the year.
  • SunnyDuckz
    SunnyDuckz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I live in Bradenton :D
    I bet no one has ever heard of it haha.
    I've heard of it! I'm a bit south of you, in Charlotte county.
  • SunnyDuckz
    SunnyDuckz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in SW FL. I just started the C25K and I'm not doing well at all!! I can do 5-6 miles on the elliptical inside, but running outside has me dripping and falling over after 1/2 a mile. Bummer... I'm trying to acclimate myself to the heat. Any tips from seasoned tropical runners?? I've lost 20 lbs so far, but need to lose another 40.

We love the beach and there are lots of cool bike trails around here though. :bigsmile:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from St. Augustine, I have never lived anywhere else! Want to get down from 155 to at least 135. Seem to be losing more inches than weight. The beach here is great and we're only 2 hrs. from Orlando!!!! So much to do there, love it! Wish we were all close enough to meetup. When the people you hang with aren't in this with you, you're sort of on your own. It would be nice to have a get together!!!!!
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi! From Orlando. I've been using this site for one month now and so far just changing my diet has helped me lose 17lbs. I have a lot more to go but MFP is making it easier. Nice to see so many other Floridians on here! Woo hoo!
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Another Tampa girl here, born and raised but I'm dying to get out of this state, haha. I'm not made for hot weather, you think I'd be used to it after 27 years! ;) I do practically all of my exercise inside aside from when I walk the dog. I want to start C25K but I don't think I can do it in this heat.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I live in Bradenton :D
    I bet no one has ever heard of it haha.

I live in Palmetto!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone! I live in Palmetto! Almost right off the interstate, 75! I'm a transplant from Jersey! No I don't have big hair and long nails!:blushing:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm from the Nature Coast.....
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options
    Hi! I'm in SW FL. I just started the C25K and I'm not doing well at all!! I can do 5-6 miles on the elliptical inside, but running outside has me dripping and falling over after 1/2 a mile. Bummer... I'm trying to acclimate myself to the heat. Any tips from seasoned tropical runners?? I've lost 20 lbs so far, but need to lose another 40.

We love the beach and there are lots of cool bike trails around here though. :bigsmile:

Go first thing in the am, like before 7. When its still got that nightly crisp in the air and the humidity is not too bad yet. We do our c25k at night though just after sunset.
  • Amy510w
    Amy510w Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to try and get my hubby to do the C25K with me! After sunset or very close to it is a good time to go outside for a walk/run here...last night though, it was super humid!

Nice to see so many Floridians here! Wish folks were closer to me! I would definitely like to do a meet up.