100lbs lost

Options
13»

Replies

• Flagsrule
    Flagsrule Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats!!! What an inspiration for me since I am just starting my journey and need to lose 100+ too. It's great to see someone achieve success and reinforce the idea that this will not happen overnight, but it will happen.
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You guys are incredible :) Time for you to post some new profile pictures, my friend! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I'm also going for +100lbs. I'm interested to know how you feel different - changes in your body that you feel, or health - like knees for instance. :)
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats.
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • ecahill91
    ecahill91 Posts: 69
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is WONDERFUL!!! I'm so proud and happy for you!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • bigguy00
    bigguy00 Posts: 27
    Options
    To Julie0101

The first thing I did was not to get discouraged. I did not put all this weight on overnight. I tried to stay within my calories and not go over. I also tried to go to the gym at least 4 to 5 times a week for at least 30min. I read that you are supposed to eat some of your calories that burned off. I did not do this in the beginning. I eat some of my burned calories now but not all. Another thing I found is that if you stick with it and try not to think of it as a diet but as a life style change it is better. I have failed diets but when you change your whole life around calorie counting and eating correct proportions and exercising. You seem to stick with it better. I know I have and will never go back to the old me. It was never easy and probably could not do it without my wife and MFP but as I look back at old pictures and see where I was a year and 6 months ago I know I am a much stronger person inside and out. I hope this helps you and anyone else reading this. WE CAN ALL DO IT.
  • Kountrygyrl
    Options
    WOW!!! Congratulations!!
  • bigguy00
    bigguy00 Posts: 27
    Options
    To Pseudocyber

I feel great. I have had to go out and get new clothing because my wife says my old clothing is way to big for me now. I work in maintance and I climb up stairs very often at work. Before I would huff and puff just to get up stairs but now. No huffing or puffing. I have more energy throughout the day. Also I have been doing some light jogging after work with my wife. I can tell you this that big people are not supposed to jog and or run. The body is not meant to. With that 100lbs lost it is a lot easier to jog not so much pressure on the knees and joints. The funny thing I did the other day was I went to the store and tried to carry to 50 pound bags of potatoes. Lets just say I do not know how I carried all that weight before and I am so glad its gone. Good luck with your weight loss and remember it takes time. I did not put all this weight on overnight. You can do it.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspirational!! And you look fabulous! Congrats on hitting a huge milestone and keep up the good work!
  • Jodasi
    Jodasi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's Incredible! You have so much to be proud of. I love that you credit your wife's support. Support on this journey is so important. So congrats to you and your wife. Good luck with the rest of your goals. You'll accomplish those goals before you know it. WOOHOO!!!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow, Honey, You got A LOT of responses. Just want to put my add in as your wife.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you! I knew that you could do it. You are such a strong person inside and out, you inspire me everyday to continue on my own journey. Thanks for doing this with me! Even if you beat me to 100 lbs lost ;). Love you!
  • ReginaW0313
    ReginaW0313 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing. Thanks for sharing and giving me a more positive outlook on weightloss. :)
  • naeswirl
    naeswirl Posts: 56
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Wow, Honey, You got A LOT of responses. Just want to put my add in as your wife.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you! I knew that you could do it. You are such a strong person inside and out, you inspire me everyday to continue on my own journey. Thanks for doing this with me! Even if you beat me to 100 lbs lost ;). Love you!

Hey congrats to BOTH of you! What an inspirational couple you are. Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • KIMBELKOWSKI
    KIMBELKOWSKI Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the fantastic work!!! Very inspiring...I have another 110 pounds to go...I love hearing success stories like yours...keeps me motivated!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!