Sweating for the wedding

Options
Hi all!
I live in gorgeous San Diego CA and am 31 years old. I just joined back up with MFP after over a year of going solo. I practice heated vinyasa flow (yoga) 5 days a week and I'm pretty active outside of that as well.... But I love to drink and eat sweats WAY too much.
I'm looking for motivational people that are interested in helping keep each other honest and on track :)
I'm getting married in March so I need to get my eating back on track now if I'm going to have my dream body in time.. I don't have much to go weight wise, but I have plenty of time to go back in the wrong direction again if I don't stay on topic this now :)
Add me if your interested in helping each other stay accountable and motivated to hit our goals!
~Namaste
Lauren

SW 132
GW 125-128 with muscle

Replies

• cottrellcottrell
    cottrellcottrell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in March as well! I've been with my partner all through grad school, where I gained about 20-25 pounds over the two year program. I do have some weight I want to lose, just to get back to my pre-grad self, but working 60+ hours a week and in the food industry makes it tough to lose the weight. I'd certainly love some support while trying to get on track :)
  • loeylovesyou
    loeylovesyou Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I understand your struggle all too well.. I work in an office 45+ hrs a week and go to school full time online so it's a LOT of sitting stationary. I'm the main cook in my household too so it's tough to make healthy choices when ordering in is all I have energy for! I'm trying to get my fiancé on the health kick with me, but he seems to think he looks just fine and is healthy enough :( he's watched me slim down and tone up through the years, but still won't join in with me... Does your fiancé support you?? I find its SO much easier when your partner has the same goals as you!
  • cottrellcottrell
    Options
    My fiancé also wants to get more in shape, but we have completely different ideas of how to do it! He is all about working out more, and since I work so much and am on my feet all the time, I would rather start with the food and worry about the exercising later. I'm hoping we can take the best from each of our plans and merge our goals a bit more.
  • cottrellcottrell
    Options
    Congrats to you as well!!! :blush:
  • beachbodyproject
    beachbodyproject Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in September 2016!!! and I want to lose 20 pounds by Christmas so I could go dress shopping and feel good about it!!!!!
  • cottrellcottrell
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Good for you! Totally hear you on shopping; while I'm not looking for a traditional wedding dress, I still don't want to shop until I feel a little better about where I am.
  • loeylovesyou
    Options
    My fiancé won't workout or eat well, so I push myself for the both of us... I just hope he will get motivated soon because he comments almost daily on how good I look, so I know he notices it. I think the difference is he is happy with his little spare tire while I wish he'd lose it!! As a tall guy he can just wear baggy tops and nobody knows what's hiding under there lol!!
    I believe the change starts with the diet, but eventually you will have to incorporate workouts too. I suggest starting small by getting used to getting your heart rate up with cardio first. That way your body is ready when you start weights or whatever else you decide to do :)
  • loeylovesyou
    Options
    As for dress shopping... I completely understand! You don't know what dress will look the best on the body you don't have yet... I just purchased my dress last weekend! It looked amazing, but I was able to see where I need to focus on toning like in my shoulders and upper back.
    Just remember that you will have multiple fittings and as you lose weight they will have to alter it more and more which takes time, so don't wait too long that you are stressed your dress won't be ready in time :) oh and remember bridal runs a size or two small, so don't get bummed if you need a larger size