Eating disorders

Options
Hi there. Im overweight.slowly I'm losing it and excersisng daily.
I Have selective eating disorder. Certain textures or even thought of certain food makes me physically be sick.

Now I know veg is important but for me it's awful.
I thought if I blend it to a mash like consistency it would be easier for me to stomach. I can eat carrots already.
What should I mash together what goes well and tastes good.

I lean towards the sweeter flavours but I'm very scared to try new foods it litrally fills me with fear..

Replies

• hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Do you ever make any type of protein shake? If so, throw some spinach in there! I absolutely HATE the texture of any raw "leaf" therefore I do not eat salad or anything of that nature. I will however put two handfuls of spinach in a protein shake and drink it. It will be green in color but you cannot taste it (I PROMISE). Kale also works for this purpose but if you put too much you may be able to taste it.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Maybe google recipes for people who hide vegetables in their kids' food. Can you eat sweet potatoes? Flavor-wise, they're not too far away from carrots.
  • rhiannonarmstrong31
    rhiannonarmstrong31 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys both good ideas xx
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also have weird texture aversions, but nothing too terrible (like I can't eat eggs or tomatoes). Try mashed potatoes with Cauliflower or parsnips in them. Might be a bit heavy, but good for once in a while. Sweet potatoes are a great option as well. Is it squishy you don't like or crunchy? Agree with a PP that you should look into how parents hide veggies in their kid's food. That should have some great ideas.