Hungry for Change - Netflix Documentary

Options
xSJBx
xSJBx Posts: 24 Member
Hi all!
Just wanted to do a quick message about this documentary on Netflix I found called Hungry for Change. This is a few years old now, but it really did explain weight gain, calories, sugar content and fat content in a clear way.
Well worth a watch!

Sophie x

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP, I will have to look into this one.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Whatever you think you learned is probably wrong. I know they promised you "more energy, an ideal body, and beautiful, younger-looking skin," but you can, frankly, learn more in these fora than you will from that b-film mockumentary.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix, Daredevil is more entertaining and the science behind the origin of his powers is more realistic than the science in Hungry for Change.

+1
  • laconrad2013
    laconrad2013 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was taking nutrition courses at RIT, the same courses students take to become registered dietitians, and I watched Hungry for Change not long after and found the documentary to be interesting. Another fairly decent food documentary is Fed Up on Netflix. I do suggest taking a nutrition course at the local college or university as there are no pre-reqs for the lower level courses that teach all of the basics of nutrition. It was all incredibly eye opening for me. I took Nutrition and I also took Sports Nutrition.
  • Wannabmarathoner
    Wannabmarathoner Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    xSJBx wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Just wanted to do a quick message about this documentary on Netflix I found called Hungry for Change. This is a few years old now, but it really did explain weight gain, calories, sugar content and fat content in a clear way.
    Well worth a watch!

Sophie x

I just watched it too. Absolutely fantastic!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    rkg1966 wrote: »
    xSJBx wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Well worth a watch!

Sophie x

I just watched it too. Absolutely fantastic!

It's a mockumentary and it's wrong.

IKR!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Necro post brought back from the dead 16 months later.

And no, I haven't watched it because I'm not that kind of fiction - which is exactly what 99% of these nutrition "documentaries" are. They're propaganda pieces produced by somebody with an agenda, usually including a lot of junk science and/or cherry-picked study results which suit their hypothesis. I prefer my nutrition information to come from objective, reliable sources.