bad day

Options
Today i fell totally off the wagon food wise. Went over my cals by 275. Feel so bloated and uncomfortable and lately just feel so hungry. Does anyone have an ideas how to cure this hunger and please dont say drink water ☺ i usually make a bowl of raw veggies but it just aint doing the trick lately. I dont fancy any food in particular just random food. How many of you lovely people have conquered this terrible habit?

Replies

• nicjbar73
    nicjbar73 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    maybe try watermelon? ive eaten this ALOT since i started. high in the "w" word, sweet, flushes to get rid of bloated feeling. id also try some protein (nuts,seed)to help with hunger.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    claregib wrote: »
    Today i fell totally off the wagon food wise. Went over my cals by 275. Feel so bloated and uncomfortable and lately just feel so hungry. Does anyone have an ideas how to cure this hunger and please dont say drink water ☺ i usually make a bowl of raw veggies but it just aint doing the trick lately. I dont fancy any food in particular just random food. How many of you lovely people have conquered this terrible habit?

Everyone has a day like that sometimes. It's not the end of the world, so don't sweat it.

if you're consistently having a problem with being hungry all the time, trying eating more proteins and fats. They are more satiating foods, and can help you feel satisfied longer.
  • rebjessja
    rebjessja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree. Don't beat yourself up. I try to eat every 2-3 hours, so my sugar levels stay even. Snacks like Greek yogurt and fresh fruit or a couple of hard boiled eggs help to satiate my hunger in between main meals.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    This might not be a popular answer, but when I feel bloated and hungry I sip hot black coffee. It seems to help curb the appetite and reduce the bloating.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I see you only have 4 pounds left to lose.
    Maybe up your calories a bit to be closer to maintenance if you're that hungry?
    It may be better in the long run so as to prevent bingeing/regain.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I find if I eat carbs to fast I get bloated and chewing in sugar free gum (I like wintergreen) helps.

I have been trying not to fall. Thanks for reminding me why I don't want to
  • claregib
    claregib Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I,m going to add more almonds and boiled eggs. I think half the problem is getting stuck in a rut with food choices. Hopefully variety will bring more satisfaction, just needed a but of moral support and ideas
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I switched my daily plan to eating every two hours to help with constantly being hungry. My goal is to eat 1200-1300 which makes me pretty hungry if I don't plan out my day to frequently eat and make sure I have plenty of protein and fiber.

We all over do it from time to time. Hang in there!