Please help!

Options
How do I get more lean?? What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone would find that's enough information to advise you. You look lean in your picture. Do you mean losing weight, adding muscle, both? Your diary is also closed, so there's no help there.
  • beanserena16
    beanserena16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone would find that's enough information to advise you. You look lean in your picture. Do you mean losing weight, adding muscle, both? Your diary is also closed, so there's no help there.
    i want to do both, lose weight and gain muscle. Is that possible? If not, I just want to lean down, get my stomach more shredded

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    What have you been trying that isn't working? Need some detail.

What are your current stats (height, weight) and how active are you normally?

Did you go through the MFP profile and goal setup process?
  • beanserena16
    beanserena16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What have you been trying that isn't working? Need some detail.

What are your current stats (height, weight) and how active are you normally?

Did you go through the MFP profile and goal setup process?
    I'm 5'4 117 pounds. I did set a goal and I'm supposed to eat 100-1200 calories to lose weight. I've been eating low carbs, high protein. I've gained a whole lot of muscle in my legs. My stomach is tighter but I'm not satisfied. I know it takes time but my stomach seems to be the same for the past 3 months. I want to shred down to where my abs are showing
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

All of this. I couldn't have said it better myself, including using the referenced TDEE site and 20% drop, and most of all patience. It takes time, and the closer you get to your goal the slower it will go.

• dzaro
    dzaro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say first thing is to get your fat percentage checked because if your fat is under 12% then its not a question of getting more lean to get a ripped stomach its a question of what exercise should you do to develop the muscle. Most of the time muscle development have more to do with genetics than anything else. Most ripped people are that way because of genes or growth hormones. Doesn't mean you cannot get the development you want, it just means that it will take a long time to get the 6pk separation. By nature our body is not designed to get lean and ripped, its designed to preserve muscle and fat to withstand long hard winters of our ancestors. if your percentage is over 15% try adding calories back into your diet. If your body is not getting enough fuel to burn to keep the muscle you have it will start going into starvation mode thinking that there is a harsh winter coming. Thus it will hold fat longer. Try adding raisins into your oatmeal, or avocado to your salad etc.