How to get full for under 100 calories?

Options
Looking for low calorie (under 100) snack that are filling. So far the only one I have found to keep me from thinking about eating for longer than a hour is a hardboiled egg. Eating like 12 nuts or whatever does not work for me. What do you like?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

I also have hard boiled eggs, but I also have:

Cottage cheese
    Small bit normal cheese (30g ish)
    Banana (small)
    Couple slices ham/chicken
    Half tin/serving veg soup

Tend to go for protein based as keeps you fuller
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    veggies, lots and lots of veggies.
  • spudmizer
    spudmizer Posts: 4
    Options
    Apples and Oranges run about 70 calories... and always have those 100 calorie snack packs
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Two tbsp of hummus for 70 calories with some baby carrots. Yum!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Lots of Lettuce and tomato with Mister Mustard hot mustard on Pepperidge farm low calorie bread. Little over 100 but at least you feel like you ate something.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I buy the snack size packs of popcorn and they usually fill me up pretty well.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Seriously, vegetables. If you have them with 1-2 full glasses of water, your body will expand from the cellulose (cell walls) of the plants. That's the reason plants can absorb water without exploding - cellulose. So think about what that does in your stomach. it's like what pasta does for less calories and sugar :P
    Any green vegetables - broccoli, spinach, kale. You can always eat some fat rice cakes.. they usually clock in 35 cals a wedge. Find what works for you!
  • welovekj
    welovekj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like 1/4 of a trader joes bran muffin and half of a protein shake. Full of fiber and protein.
    Or an apple and half a teaspoon of peanut butter or a plate if veggies with low fat sour cream and some turkey or chicken.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I had some fresh green beans yesterday and instead of just being a snack they kept me full through lunch! I drank a bunch of water and ate about 25 green beans and they were under 50 calories.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    An apple usually fills me up! I add a bit of cottage cheese in there for some protein as well...1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese is 45 calories and 8 grams of protein. So for 125 calories you have a nice filling healthy snack. Another one I like is a string cheese (80 cals and 8 grams of protein) and unsweetened applesauce (50 calories).
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Poached egg over spinach and tomato, soft boiled egg with salsa and pepper, celery or apple with all-natural peanut butter, baked or mashed sweet potato, fresh veggies with dijon veganaise for dipping, or a fresh fruit smoothie with soy milk all work for me!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    lots of great ideas that I have to try!!!! BUMP
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Apples :)
    corn
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    spinach and sweet butter lettuce. I get the pre-packed bags, and each bag is 2 servings...seriously. And they are only like 40-50 cals for all that. Spritz them with some balsamic vinegar or lemon juice and seasonings, and you'll be full.

Another idea; comes in at 100-110 cals. PictSweet brand edamame in the single serve steamable carton. Soy beans are high protein/fiber, so you will feel full for hours.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    : egg whites with spinach and tomato

apples
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    Bump! Great ideas!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    fat free yogurt