At home Zumba recommendations?

Options
I'm at maintenance but my body shape isn't' exactly what I want it to be. I think being more active will help with that. I recently got a Fitbit which is helping but I'd like to do more. I've heard people rave about Zumba. Can anyone recommend a DVD that they love? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Following. Or maybe a great you tube link?
  • endlessloser
    endlessloser Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yep, I just got Cize too - and I have Zumba.

For Zumba itself - I preferred the Zumba Exhilerate series, but the new one is okay too. (Go to zumba.com).

For Cize, it's from Shaun T, I love it as it teaches you how to dance no matter how uncoordinated you are, you burn calories. I'm starting it as a challenge for myself on Monday. (NOT pitching you).

You can get it from beachbody.com, or at least go there to check it out. They updated the page, I saw that yesterday so it has some intro videos.

If you're looking for fun/sweat, either one of these will do.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba fitness 2 and Zumba fitness Core. Love them.
  • aprilmfhealthy
    aprilmfhealthy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Put on the Zumba Pandora station and let the music move you. Freestyle! ! :)
  • jessicamaritim
    jessicamaritim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Cize this week and really love it! But I've lost 65 pounds so far using YouTube videos from Lauren fitz. She also has a new website called clubfitzfitness.com the YouTube videos don't come with instructions you just have to jump in and figure it out but I really love them (plus free :)
  • christineja
    christineja Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba World Party on the Wii. You wear a controller on your waist that tracks your movements for points. When you set it up you enter your height/weight/sex/age and then it tracks your workouts and calorie burns. You can make a custom workout or choose between 20, 40 and 60 minute workouts, medium or high intensity. I love it!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Lauren Fitz !!
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba World Party on the Wii. You wear a controller on your waist that tracks your movements for points. When you set it up you enter your height/weight/sex/age and then it tracks your workouts and calorie burns. You can make a custom workout or choose between 20, 40 and 60 minute workouts, medium or high intensity. I love it!

I also have Zumba for my Wii - love it!
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ditto lauren fitz. high energy, great music. I made my own playlist on my youtube channel of her stuff. I don't know how to get youtube to play on my tv, so I just sit the laptop down on the coffee table and zumba away that way.
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm going to check out Lauren Fitz this weekend! :)
  • Marinemomm
    Marinemomm Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I follow Club Fitz..Lauren Fitz also... love the dance routines!
  • carolineloves
    carolineloves Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just tried Cize yesterday. It's going to be my new Zumba alternative when I can't make it to class! 30 minutes and I was sweating!