Good tasting protein powder??

Options
Hello everyone:) so I have been struggling to find some good tasting protein powders. Its really hard for me to drink those powders even mixed with fruits. Any suggestions flavorwise? Your help is most appreciated :)

Replies

• deneshia425
    deneshia425 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey I use the brand "Garden of Life" I'm really picky about protein consistency and taste, this has worked best for me. I also use vanilla almond milk , for blending.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:) so I have been struggling to find some good tasting protein powders. Its really hard for me to drink those powders even mixed with fruits. Any suggestions flavorwise? Your help is most appreciated :)

Go to the store and ask for samples or ask to sample them. Normally they have samples or should have an open container of each kind for you to sample (Within reason)

The best tasting to me is Mutant Pro 100 series, all of them taste amazing!!
  • deneshia425
    deneshia425 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh you can find the powder in single packages for sampling at a great price.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    If you can I would try and get some samples from a nutrition store. Some of my favorites are Syntha 6 and Optimum Nutrition. I tend to stick with Chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, vanilla and strawberry. I like basic flavors because I add things like PB2, Cacao powder, fruit, etc. I some samples of Trutein that I really liked but it's a little pricey.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have found over the years that most protein powders don't taste all that great. But if you use a blender like a bullet or something similar you can add a little frozen fruit or peanut butter or just about anything and it makes the texture so much better, almost like a milk shake, and you can come up with your own flavors.

To answer your question though. I think Quest has the best tasting powders, and also Body Fortress has a good flavor. Most of the powders that you buy at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe or similar places are way too overpriced and really don't taste that much, if any, better.
  • adamvikings4life
    adamvikings4life Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pro 7 from NutriShop
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been using MRM veggie protein powder and I think it tastes pretty good. The consistency is definitely more grainy than the whey proteins I've tried, but I have a bad reaction to whey and can't drink it. I mix this veggie protein into my morning oatmeal and don't even notice it!
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Beverly International ultimate protein powder (UMP) is absolutely amazing! All favors are delicious!!!
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I liked Syntha6 when I used to do protein shakes but it's a little more carb heavy than pure whey protein shakes so I used it pre lifting.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The best tasting protein powder on the market, agreed by bodybuilders and athletes who consume these products on a very regular basis, is Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0

Any flavor.

Optimum & BSN & Cellucor & Quest all suck compared to the flavor of XF Ultra Peptide

Another tasty option is PES Select.

A good protein powder should taste fine in plain water or milk. You don't need to blend them with a ton of ingredients or fruit.
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love the Syntha 6 Chocolate Milkshake, especially mixed with PB2. I also like the Nature's Bounty Complete Protein and Vitamin Vanilla flavor to mix with fruits.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Bare Blends - their dark cacao is delicious.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My vote is Quest chocolate protein powder. Thick and delicious.

I've also heard good reports about optimum nutrition. I would love to throw ON into my rotation, but whey concentrate does not agree with me :disappointed:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Trutein
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Mix it with skim milk instead of water?
    Get a good mixer instead of mixing it with a spoon?

ewwww definitely! I can't imagine any protein powder tasting good mixed with water :confounded:

• my62103
    my62103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quest vanilla is really yummy. They sent a sample with my protein chips. I think I might have even mixed it with water. Was very creamy and tasted like a vanilla milk shake.
  • K2KRAKY
    K2KRAKY Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Should I be using Whey protein or soy Protein. I really need to lose weight so I don't want something loaded with sugar and the same goes for almond milk etc. I'm trying to find the highest protein source with the lowest fat and calorie content. I burn out every day around two pm and I know it's not enough protein so I need something to get me going until dinner time and hopefully stave off night time snacking as well plus making me last apt to have too much at dinner time also. There is just so much on the market. Nutrition House is so expensive and I wonder if the stuff at a place like Costco is crap. Confused Canadian
  • K2KRAKY
    K2KRAKY Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just thinking I'll google it. There are many I like but I don't think they are that good for me in the end. Need a professional opinion
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    +1 quest vanilla. Hands down the best. It smells like vanilla pudding mix and is good with water but amazing blended with almond milk and frozen fruit. My favorite "milkshake" is made with just a 1/2 frozen peach. My kids tried it and begged to have one so I bought vanilla carnation instant breakfast packets for theirs.

You can also cook with it too. I use 1/4 scoop with protein pancake mix or muffins etc...