Those of you who had to train yourselves to drink a lot of water ...

Options
... did all the peeing eventually stop!?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Haha, no!
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, no :( lmao it's worth it though for how much better it makes me feel
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Nope, still peeing. I don't think I pee more, but don't measure or anything.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Haha no, you just sort of get used to it.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    No, and Dino is right, you do sort of get used to it. It's just what is supposed to happen.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    No. We have annual passes to Disney World, I know where every bathroom is, lol.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    ... did all the peeing eventually stop!?
    haha - sorry, no.
    Just consider how your system is being flushed out and cleaned.
    :)

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    No, but I do drink quite a bit of water when I know I am going to be home, and if I am going to be out and about I don't drink as much until I am back home.

70044776.png
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Man! Not what I wanted to hear, but at least I'm not alone! Thanks all!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are not drinking tea.
    Tea, as you know has caffeine, a diuretic.
    It will just make it go through your body.

If you're adapted to regular caffeine intake, the diuretic effect is negligible.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options

If you're adapted to regular caffeine intake, the diuretic effect is negligible.

I don't know the science, but I know that FOR ME, the above statement is not true. Been drinking coffee over 40 years and I've never adapted enough to not have to pee because of it. A diuretic remains a diuretic for me, no matter how long I've been drinking it.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    the worst is staying hydrated while exercising. I'll pee twice, start my morning hour long walk, and 15 minutes in it hits me >: (
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »

I don't know the science, but I know that FOR ME, the above statement is not true. Been drinking coffee over 40 years and I've never adapted enough to not have to pee because of it. A diuretic remains a diuretic for me, no matter how long I've been drinking it.

Keep in mind that coffee is mostly water, and most people get their fix in the morning, so having to pee after you drink it doesn't necessarily mean it's the caffeine.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Just think of all the extra steps you get walking to the bathroom and back ;) At least that's what I do (with my fitbit)
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options

Keep in mind that coffee is mostly water, and most people get their fix in the morning, so having to pee after you drink it doesn't necessarily mean it's the caffeine.

I understand about the coffee and water etc. I was responding to the post that said if you drink caffeine long enough that you'll "adapt" and that the diuretic effect would be "negligible". I was saying that for me, after 40 years, the effect was still there and NOT negligible.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yep. Water is a diuretic.

Diuretic = any substance that promotes the production of urine...which includes water.

The impact of caffeine in a drink, over and above the water used to make the beverage, is negligible.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    So we're all just going along with the assumption that a person has to drink "a lot" of water?
  • sugarpeas
    sugarpeas Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wish this was the way! I'm always peeing. The other day I had to pee almost every hour. Not only was I drinking my usual amout of water, but I ate soooo many vegetables. Annoying, but yet feels good. haha