Advice for losing stubborn thigh fat?

Options
Hello! I have lost 40 pounds over the last few years, and now weigh 10st 8 at 5"11. I do intense cardio 4 times a week and weight training on my legs twice a week. I've also started squats every morning. I have about 7pounds to go to my target weight.....but....I just can't shift the fat on my thighs! :s

There is decent muscle tone underneath this layer of fat so I know the weight training is working. My body is looking really out of proportion. So, is there any way I can fight my natural body shape and get rid of my stubborn thighs?!? Any tips would be great!

Xx

Replies

• bryjsal
    bryjsal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Boxing or kickboxing. Maybe some sprint intervals
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    The bad news is you can't change your genetics, and you can't choose where the weight comes off.

The good news is your thighs probably don't look as bad as you think.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    lah89x wrote: »
    Hello! I have lost 40 pounds over the last few years, and now weigh 10st 8 at 5"11. I do intense cardio 4 times a week and weight training on my legs twice a week. I've also started squats every morning. I have about 7pounds to go to my target weight.....but....I just can't shift the fat on my thighs! :s

There is decent muscle tone underneath this layer of fat so I know the weight training is working. My body is looking really out of proportion. So, is there any way I can fight my natural body shape and get rid of my stubborn thighs?!? Any tips would be great!

Xx

You want to be 141lbs at 5'11?

I am betting your issue is body composition..you should be eating at maintenance and following a progressive resistance programme

See strong curves, new rules of lifting for women

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/