Tips for firmer butt and thighs

Options
been doing squats and lunges. Getting bored and repetitious. What other lower body workouts can I do? I use five pound free weights for my lower body exercise. Tips? Suggestions?

Replies

• enevech1
    enevech1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is a product I use called a fanny lifter....its purple and dark blue and works very well. Its hard to find these days but you can look it up on eBay.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Heavier weights!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    enevech1 wrote: »
    There is a product I use called a fanny lifter....its purple and dark blue and works very well. Its hard to find these days but you can look it up on eBay.

Can I get a Wut now?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Heavier weights!

5lb weights are getting you nowhere ..you're a girl you could be aiming to squat bodyweight at least ..we have an advantage in our lower body strength

And more compound lifts

How about a structured programme instead try www.stronglifts5x5.com or strong curves etc

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Heavier weights!

5lb weights are getting you nowhere ..you're a girl you could be aiming to squat bodyweight at least ..we have an advantage in our lower body strength

And more compound lifts

How about a structured programme instead try www.stronglifts5x5.com or strong curves etc

+1
  • malibuandmilk88
    malibuandmilk88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely go heavy. That's the only way to go. Then you'll see results and no, you will not get bulky
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michael's Killer buns and thighs. It will kick your butt, guarenteed.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Heavier weights!

And more compound lifts

I'm totally seconding strong curves. That program has emphasis on the glutes (aka butt) and includes a 12 week bodyweight only program in case you don't have acces to a gym.
  • Masugimoto
    Masugimoto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves is awesome!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    enevech1 wrote: »

I googled it and discovered it's a product from the 90s that my mom has. I should totally liberate it from her garage. I know she has at least some of the videos.

bvdf1usfmd6c.jpg

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Start by getting rid of the 5 lb weights, no wonder you're bored. Get under the barbell.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Romanian deads, single leg hinge d-o-o dads with dumbbells(brain fart sorry), squats with weight in progression, isometrics, clams, bird dog. . . .and on and on and on. . . .
  • arditarose
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Romanian deads, single leg hinge d-o-o dads with dumbbells(brain fart sorry), squats with weight in progression, isometrics, clams, bird dog. . . .and on and on and on. . . .

bird dog?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    On all fours(seriously) one arm extended opposite leg extended. . . .bird dog?!? It is bird dog or is it canine chicken?!? IDK. . .it is late. . . .
  • LieliWhite
    LieliWhite Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    H
    arditarose wrote: »
    Start by getting rid of the 5 lb weights, no wonder you're bored. Get under the barbell.

Lol! I know right! I bought them figuring I was. Light weight. Now that I'm stronger I need to adjust. Heading to the gym for heavier weights ;)
  • arditarose
    Options
    LieliWhite wrote: »
    H
    arditarose wrote: »

Lol! I know right! I bought them figuring I was. Light weight. Now that I'm stronger I need to adjust. Heading to the gym for heavier weights ;)

Yay!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ==^=Subway Squats.