Have I plateaud?? Help

Options
OK so I started off 172lb's at 5ft3 and am currently 141.75. My goal is 126, I have ate under my calorie goal for last 5 days and trained everyday and redecorated my hall stairs and landing and haven't lost even a quarter of a pound!! I am really disheartened as lately I am not seeing a daily loss. Before when I stepped on the scale each morning there would be, quarter of a pound or half a pound gone daily. Sorry to moan but feel so disheartened, I don't want to maintain, I'm trying to lose, am I expecting too much?? I'm only 42

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    A plateau is 6 weeks without a loss not 5 days!!!!
    Some reasons you may not see losses despite a calorie deficit in the short term are: salt intake affecting water weight, swelling of muscles after intense exercise affecting water weight, that time of the month causing bloating and also changes in amount of gastrointestinal contents.
    Patience is your friend :wink:
  • Twisty6
    Twisty6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you...
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Black pup is right. You need to look at this as a marathon not a sprint. Dedicate yourself and the results will come. It just takes time. Enjoy the ride.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Yes you are being unrealistic, which undermines you by getting disheartened when ypu have no reason to be. You will need to be patient.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    in the last 4 months, i've been trying to get to 185 (from 202). currenlty i'm down 1lb...sometimes the scale isn't a full indicator, bc i can see that i'm making progress despite my jerk of a scale.