No time like the present

Options
i have been trying to lose weight for about a year now. I signed up for a charity bike ride from London to Paris and all the time I was training things weren't too bad. Since completing the cycle I seem to have lost motivation. When I do go out cycling I really enjoy it still. My biggest problem is my diet. I like all the high in fat or sugar foods and with my job quite often run short on time so grab the quick option (always the wrong one) I am determined to lose a stone and a half by my next birthday in May but am struggling. I have a Fitbit and have been maintaining my 10k steps just recently. The biti am worried about us when I go back to work and not planning my exercise or diet.

Replies

• ronregpablo
    ronregpablo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a stone and a half to lose also, I have lost most of my weight but Iam finding the last bit hard, iam 10 stone but want to get back down to 8 and a half stone, need motivation, I find it good to plan ahead for food and exercise pack food the night before and take to work
  • tonywcook
    tonywcook Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is it best to plan for a week? It's when I get stuck or haven't planned that I tend to not stick to my diet
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    tonywcook wrote: »
    I have a Fitbit and have been maintaining my 10k steps just recently. The bit I am worried about us when I go back to work and not planning my exercise or diet.

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories necessary to lose weight. If you eat less than that, you will lose weight.

Get some friends in the Fitbit Users group, and start doing Fitbit challenges. They're great motivation—and fun! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

As for diet, you lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn. Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.
  • matthewtdavies
    matthewtdavies Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Tony, happy to be friends. Do you live in London? I'm in Camden. Cheers, Matt
  • tonywcook
    tonywcook Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No not in London but on South coast