Any Revenge Weight Loss Success Stories?

Options
jokoh92
jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
While I am beyond the phase of losing weight solely for revenge, I am human and do think about it from time to time still. I just wonder sometimes what it would be like to see the people who once bullied me or rejected me at my goal weight.

Does anyone have a success story where that happened and how did it make you feel?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge. :)
  • stinkyshirt
    stinkyshirt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant I went from a sweet 160 pounds of muscle body to a 210 flabby mess (Something I have come to struggle with once again) and I kept myself like that for 5 years. Meanwhile my husband at the time would ridicule me and humiliate me and what not. Well, five years later I finally wake up and realize I do deserve better than someone like him and I kick him out and I start kickboxing and jogging. I go back down to muscle weight and I look great and I feel great and I think to myself that each time he see's me (he has to see me since we have a son together) he must be kicking himself in the teeth....

But then I was deflated once again when he tells me without hesitation that I still look like a fat cow and blah blah blah...But up till that point I felt great about myself. Real good. I did it to show him that I wasn't anything that he said I was. Anyways, no worries, he said it I didn't stop working out til years later. Now I'm back to it.
  • jokoh92
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Living well is the best revenge. :)

Lol indeed it is!
  • jokoh92
    Options
    When I was pregnant I went from a sweet 160 pounds of muscle body to a 210 flabby mess (Something I have come to struggle with once again) and I kept myself like that for 5 years. Meanwhile my husband at the time would ridicule me and humiliate me and what not. Well, five years later I finally wake up and realize I do deserve better than someone like him and I kick him out and I start kickboxing and jogging. I go back down to muscle weight and I look great and I feel great and I think to myself that each time he see's me (he has to see me since we have a son together) he must be kicking himself in the teeth....

But then I was deflated once again when he tells me without hesitation that I still look like a fat cow and blah blah blah...But up till that point I felt great about myself. Real good. I did it to show him that I wasn't anything that he said I was. Anyways, no worries, he said it I didn't stop working out til years later. Now I'm back to it.

Wow I'm so glad you did kick him to the curb cause that was so messed up. But the important thing is you didn't let him stop you! You're still doing it!
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options

He sounds like a horrible human being. No one should speak that way to someone that they love, especially their partner. His behavior is pathetic and speaks of how crappy he feels about himself. You didn't deserve that
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I have my high school reunion in 3 months. Most of the girls I went to school with have 3+ kids, no job, no husband, and less ambition, plus they all gained weight. I was looking forward to my revenge but there is no sense in kicking someone who is already down. I do however, look forward to seeing my ex boy friend and possibly lighting a flame hahaha
  • KRocka1981
    KRocka1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I was in a very similar marriage. Before I met him I was 140. After my pregnancy I was 200+. I never lost the weight. I was constantly told that no one would love me, I was stupid, lazy, etc. My daughter is now 12 and I am FINALLY facing my issues with food. Even though I have been in a happy, healthy relationship for over 10 years, I think it has taken me this long to really heal from the damage he caused. I used to want to change for revenge. It would have felt really nice. Now, my feelings for him are totally neutral. I just don't care one way or another what he thinks of me anymore. I turned to food as comfort when I was with him and I am finally at a point where I can see that and move on. It's such a great feeling when you are free from their misery and can start making the right decisions for yourself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!