Does anyone have a recipe thats like the quest bar?

Options
nicnoahshaun
nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
edited July 2015 in Recipes
I would like to make low carb bars with protein that are like the quest bars. I like the Quest bars but they cost to much. Does anyone have a recipe that is simple and low in sugar and carbs? I would really apperciate it. Thanks!

Replies

• brandy79tx
    brandy79tx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has some.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls:

128 g peanut butter
    125 g honey
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    40 g rolled oats
    28 g ground flaxseed meal
    60 g roasted salted sunflower seeds
    35 g unsalted cashews
    65 g unsalted almonds
    25 g whey protein powder concentrate (plain)

Just stir it all together and use a 1.5 tbsp scooper to make 20 level-scoop servings. Stick in fridge to cool so they are less sticky, roll them into round balls, and store them in a ziplock baggy in fridge. My diary is open so I don't know if you can copy them and see the macros, but this version has less honey and more protein powder than the one in my diary so it has less sugar and more protein. (I made these twice in one day and this is the 2nd version. Just haven't added this one yet bc I'm finishing off the first batch first.)

• nicnoahshaun
    nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls:

128 g peanut butter
    125 g honey
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    40 g rolled oats
    28 g ground flaxseed meal
    60 g roasted salted sunflower seeds
    35 g unsalted cashews
    65 g unsalted almonds
    25 g whey protein powder concentrate (plain)

Just stir it all together and use a 1.5 tbsp scooper to make 20 level-scoop servings. Stick in fridge to cool so they are less sticky, roll them into round balls, and store them in a ziplock baggy in fridge. My diary is open so I don't know if you can copy them and see the macros, but this version has less honey and more protein powder than the one in my diary so it has less sugar and more protein. (I made these twice in one day and this is the 2nd version. Just haven't added this one yet bc I'm finishing off the first batch first.)

Thank you so much I'm going to have to try these!!
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've tried two different quest bars and found them chalky and awful. I don't understand the craze with these things. Am I nuts?