Protein powder made with water?

Options
What percentage of people do you think make them with water?
What % make them with nut milks, skim milk, soy, etc?
Guesses is what I'm looking for.
I want to make sure I'm not too strange. I make mine with water.

Replies

• Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Let's break that down into something a little easier.

People who buy the cheapest, nastiest protein powders available and are in a cut.
    60% Nut Milks
    20% Skim Milk
    10% Soy
    10% Water & Other

People who buy moderately expensive but palatable protein powders and are in a cut.
    60% Water
    20% Nut Milk
    10% Soy
    10% Water & Other

People who are @ Maintenance and drinking protein drinks don't count, they are already slightly crazy

People who are bulking and buy cheapest, nastiest protein powders available
    90% Chocolate Milk
    10% Everything else

People who are bulking and moderately expensive but palatable protein powders
    Same as above :bigsmile:

• bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

People who are @ Maintenance and drinking protein drinks don't count, they are already slightly crazy

I'm not crazy. I like quest vanilla protein mix and if I drink it at night I'll mix it with water. For the most part I blend it with 1 cup almond milk and 1/2 frozen peach.

Did you know 86% of all statistics are made up.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    almond milk here
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    bmchenry02 wrote: »

I'm not crazy. I like quest vanilla protein mix and if I drink it at night I'll mix it with water. For the most part I blend it with 1 cup almond milk and 1/2 frozen peach.

Did you know 86% of all statistics are made up.

Everyone is a little crazy! I've never tried the quest, I might have to pick some of that up in my neverending quest to find one that is more than tolerable.

I did know that! Could have sworn it was closer to the 99.9999 mark though. ;P
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    What percentage of people do you think make them with water?
    What % make them with nut milks, skim milk, soy, etc?
    Guesses is what I'm looking for.
    It’s hard to say without taking a survey, or just making things up. Probably fewer people use nut milks or soy milk compared to regular milk...
    I want to make sure I'm not too strange. I make mine with water.

I prefer to have mine with 2% milk, but I’ve made it with apple juice or plain water, depending on what I have available. You didn’t even mention fruit juices, so maybe I am stranger than you. :D
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I make mine with water, but I have experimented with different powders. Several weren't that tasty or didn't mix well with wat er so I used milk. I found some that tastes great and mixes thick even with just water.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on the brand. Quest protein powder is fine with water, some others, not so much.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Almond milk
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I make mine with water. It's bad enough that I have to drink some of my calories, I'm not going to make it worse by adding milk.
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I really like Promasil Rivalus in chocolate. It's the most palatable shake I've tried. I often mix it with almond milk or water... It doesn't make that big of a difference. I stay away from Soy milk as it contains a lot of plant estrogens.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I did drink protein drinks, I mixed with water.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I mix with skimmed milk, but I'm one of the crazy ones in maintenance and still drinking them, so don't listen to me :tongue:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Almond milk or regular milk. Never water :confounded:
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've met maybe one person that mixes their protein powder with water while at work. This is after helping hundreds of people select the protein powder best suited to fit their nutritional goals. Pretty much everyone else I've met mixed it with some sort of milk or juice.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Water, Costco vanilla stuff ( can't remember the name), sip it throughout the day if I was low on proteins the day before, maintenance crazy lady.

Cheers, h.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Skim milk here.
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options

People who buy the cheapest, nastiest protein powders available and are in a cut.
    60% Nut Milks
    20% Skim Milk
    10% Soy
    10% Water & Other

People who buy moderately expensive but palatable protein powders and are in a cut.
    60% Water
    20% Nut Milk
    10% Soy
    10% Water & Other

People who are bulking and buy cheapest, nastiest protein powders available
    90% Chocolate Milk
    10% Everything else

People who are bulking and moderately expensive but palatable protein powders
    Same as above :bigsmile:

This badly underestimates how many people use regular or skim milk, and takes a cheap shot at people who drink protein shakes while in maintenance. Don't believe any of this.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Protein pudding...AKA "sludge!"...very little water...and for extra nastiness, mixed with EVOO and/or any nut-butter
  • catbhn21
    catbhn21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make a milkshake with frozen yogurt, skim milk and fruit and/or nuts. I hate the taste, but I did get cheap stuff. If I put it in a milkshake I get to indulge my sweet tooth without feeling so bad :p