having gastric bypass surgery in September

Options
Maybe posting on this thread will have a better outcome. I will have gastric bypass done on September 14. I know this is not a quick fix and i have been through so much to even get to this point i am ready to finally receive my lifetime tool. Just on here looking for people that might have done it already or just friends to go through this journey together :)

Replies

• Vixyb_
    Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I haven't been through it but wanted to wish you well with the procedure. Xxxx
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people get that way about it. It's your choice for your body.

I wish you the best!
  • lauriekleven
    lauriekleven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had something similar to gastric bypass except they left all but 6 inches of my small intestines so it is a little different. The diet and restrictions are the same. I didn't do it for weight loss but because of health issues. I am overweight and have about 40 pounds to lose. It has been a difficult journey since having surgery. Make sure you are fully educated before you do it. It is a very difficult journey. My weight is 200 lbs and I cannot imagine how people 400 to 600 pounds go through this.
  • Internistella
    Internistella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your surgery!
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a surgery but I've been looking in to it. There's a great website that has TONS of people pre and post surgery. Obesityhelp . com... check it out
  • eliaus3640
    eliaus3640 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it but I know at least four people that have and it has been a great tool for them and they are keeping it off long term. I can be your friend on this journey feel free to add me
  • hilarydurst
    hilarydurst Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had the Gastric Sleeve done in May. I'd be willing to help you the best I can and help motivate you. 66 lbs down 73 lbs to go. Good luck to you with your surgery.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. RNY January 19th for me. Here's a great group for support... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good luck I hope it works better for you then it did my mother.
    My mom got is and now she just throws up all the time if she eats one bite to much. At one point she became malnourished and after all that she gained it all back. so now she is obese and pukes all the time.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good luck I hope it works better for you then it did my mother.
    My mom got is and now she just throws up all the time if she eats one bite to much. At one point she became malnourished and after all that she gained it all back. so now she is obese and pukes all the time.

Holy Crap! What a horrible way to live :neutral: I hope she recovers at some point.

• kickassrn213
    kickassrn213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had RNY surgery, mainly for health reasons less than a week ago! I'm recovering fast, already my Diabetes is in remission, my GERD is gone, I have a list of meds I'm already off since working since beginning the preop. A couple months ago I could barely walk a quarter mile. Then I built up to an hour a day, added jogging. Only 2 days post op I was up.to a.mile of hilly walking. It's not easy, but I feel so much better!! I only wish I would have begun this journey sooner. I like to participate with Thinner Times Forum. Such a positive environment. This is a journey choice where it serves no good to hear other people's horror stories. Like thinner times you.can read about hundreds of happy.successful people. My advice, stick with all of your doctor's recomendations. Don't cheat. Preop diet is not fun, very difficult and doesn't last forever. Oh, and I'm down 23 lbs since preop.
  • lindzy6
    lindzy6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 10mths out from RNY surgery, at goal weight and as of yet no complications. Feel free to add me :)