Coffee creamer

Options
mrssabre113
mrssabre113 Posts: 24 Member
What do you use for coffee creamer? Anyone have a good recipe for homemade creamer?

As yummy as coffee mate is, I'm trying to stay away from processed foods. I just can't fine an easy and delicious alternative.
Thanks

Replies

• carolineee321
    carolineee321 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk or just plain milk. Starbucks also has sugar free syrups you can purchase and stir them into your coffee! I love the hazelnut & caramel!
  • christ4u
    christ4u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depending on your type of meal plan, you can put coconut oil & grassfed butter (unsalted) a bit of flavored stevia (less processed ingredients) whirl in a blender/magic bullet to combine and you have one delicious coffee. Sometimes I add unsweetened raw cacao powder for a mocha.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    If I want a little flavor boost for my coffee, I just put cinnamon in the grounds when I brew it.

I drink my coffee black, but do this as well. Cinnamon goes especially well with a dark roast.
  • tillthefitladysings
    tillthefitladysings Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Full fat coconut milk is good. If you add sweetener and some kind of extract, it's wonderful. :smile:
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Full fat half-and-half or heavy whipping cream. If I use either of those, I can cream my coffee with 1oz. If I use anything else, I need 2oz or more. I end up with fewer calories, chemicals, and carbs by using the full fat, heavier version.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Half and half for me.
  • geniesandoval
    geniesandoval Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the natural bliss coffee mate. 35 cal 1 Tsp
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    After trying a few things I am back to coffee mate. Nothing else will do for me. So I just measure out my portions and enjoy. I will say that taking a break from using it did reset my taste buds so that I don't need to use as much to get the flavor I want.

• mrssabre113
    mrssabre113 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    After trying a few things I am back to coffee mate. Nothing else will do for me. So I just measure out my portions and enjoy. I will say that taking a break from using it did reset my taste buds so that I don't need to use as much to get the flavor I want.

See this is me. I like to switch things up, and plain coffee is just not for me. I've tried coconut milk creamer and it was ok. I've tried just half and half with extracts, it's just not the same as coffee mate. I'm currently trying so delicious coconut, it's ok. I think I'm going to try half and half with flavored syrup next.

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate for me as well. I don't eat that much processed food, so I'm okay with my few tablespoons a day of Coffeemate.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you google "paleo coffee creamer", you will find some recipes that are pretty good. Generally, they use coconut milk, date paste, and flavored extract. I made an almond joy creamer that is really yummy. Not low fat or low calorie, but yummy and whole foods based.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    What does "whole foods based" mean? Potato chips would be included in that because on my package it says: potatoes, oil, salt. But I wouldn't exactly classify it as a nutrient rich, healthy choice.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I used to use half and half but have switched to almond milk due to having some dairy trouble for health reasons. Both worked great for me and cut the acidity very well. I'm not a big fan of ~flavored creamers, though. So, if you're looking for something with a bit more taste to it, I agree with the recommendation up thread for sugar free syrup at starbucks, etc.