Vegetarian Meals for the Week

Options
PhotoGal50131
PhotoGal50131 Posts: 5 Member
There's another thread talking about planning meals for the week but most meals center around meat. I'm lacto-ovo vegetarian and am looking for others who may have meals planned for the week.

I'm new to this clean eating idea but a 40+ year vegetarian. Carbs and processed foods used to be my staple. I found a meal plan on Cleaneatingmag.org for vegetarians but it was A LOT of cooking/prepping. I love to cook, but I'd also like to do more than just focus on food 24/7.

Any advance preparing or freezer ideas would be very welcomed also.

Thank you in advance.

Di

Replies

• DaisyNovelli
    DaisyNovelli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll probably have a stir fry this week. It's super quick to just slice up your favourite veggies and soften them all up in a wok. I replace noodles with extra bean sprouts and I freeze the left overs. If I don't want stir fry again, I'll cook up some quorn or mixed beans and use them and the left overs in a wholegrain tortilla wrap.

Some other meals I'll have are:
    Quinoa topped with mixed beans and peas
    Egg and beans with a big side salad
    Sweet jacket potato with beans and salad
    Quorn bolognese (this freezes very well as well)
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Today I'll be making an Asian quinoa salad that will be tonight's dinner and then lunch or dinner for a few days this week. Basing it on this recipe but I'm going to use bean shoots instead of the cabbage. I'll be serving it with grilled haloumi for dinner and then probably hard boiled eggs for lunch.

I'm also going to be defrosting a soup I made a few months ago, it's the lentil cauliflower soup from the Oh She Glows cookbook. Oh She Glows has a blog post on which of her recipes are great for freezing plus some general tips: here. I generally freeze things like soup, chilli, curries and stews. We're nearing the end of winter here in Australia so I'd like to use up what I have in the freezer before spring hits.

Once I finish up the soup and the salad, I'll probably have some version of eggs on toast for dinner for a few nights and probably pull some more things out of the freezer. I generally only cook one "meal" a week and then make up random stuff once that runs out.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make a basic stew out of beans and veggies (and maybe a whole grain like barley or wheat berries) on the weekend, and season each day's portion while reheating it so it is less monotonous. I might use italian seasoning one day, curry paste another, and chili power the next. It may not be the absolute best curry, chili, or stew possible, but it is tasty and better than eating the exact same thing day after day.
  • PhotoGal50131
    PhotoGal50131 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. Great ideas!
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just returned "Appetite for Reduction" to the library. It had tons of lighter, vegan recipes. One could probably cook up a few over the weekend and freeze for later.
  • juliasmith44
    juliasmith44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Black bean burgers are also really easy, I just use beans, onion, egg as the staple blended together and then maybe add some mushroom and/or spinach and cook it in coconut oil. You can make like 6 at a time and have them for the week!