Depressed & Tired

Options
I am a 29 year old mother and wife. I have a 10 month old daughter who is a heart baby and she also has a trach and gtub. We are hoping to have her trach out this winter, just depends on her next open heart surgery. She has had 8 surgeries in the last 10 months. So my husband and I are in and out of hospitals and doctor offices. So we tend to eat out ALOT. I struggle with exercise since I am so tired from just having to do everyday normal things with her and the house. And I'm an emotional eater. I had a total of 84 lbs to loose when I started 4 yrs ago. I am 1 lbs away from loosing my first 10 lbs. I want to loose 75 more lbs. And I feel like it's never going to happen.

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    this is tough. I am sorry for your situation...but make sure you are gentle with yourself.

If it was me, I would tell myself "track the best you can...slowly adopt healthy behaviors as much as possible (drink more water, cut portions smaller when eating out, eat more veggies for snacks)- do not worry about working out at this point, do fun activities when possible"
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If your mind wants to do this bad enough your body will find a way.
  • caffeinatedcami
    caffeinatedcami Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You need to take care of your mental health first of all. You are going through something that would make any person exhausted and depressed. I know you probably go to enough doctors offices, but therapy has been really helpful for me when I was at my lowest emotionally. Hang in there. :)
  • Wendyjdubois
    Wendyjdubois Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a 29 year old mother and wife. I have a 10 month old daughter who is a heart baby and she also has a trach and gtub. We are hoping to have her trach out this winter, just depends on her next open heart surgery. She has had 8 surgeries in the last 10 months. So my husband and I are in and out of hospitals and doctor offices. So we tend to eat out ALOT. I struggle with exercise since I am so tired from just having to do everyday normal things with her and the house. And I'm an emotional eater. I had a total of 84 lbs to loose when I started 4 yrs ago. I am 1 lbs away from loosing my first 10 lbs. I want to loose 75 more lbs. And I feel like it's never going to happen.

You have an awful lot going on. Be kind to yourself... I know that is hard to do. Good job losing the lbs. WOW 10 lbs is great !
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When I'm not in the right place mentally I just do my best to maintain and not gain. I think that therapy would be useful also depending on how long you have been feeling depressed and how bad that feeling is you may benefit from medication. Other things that may be helpful is taking some time out from your Bub to do something social, talking with supportive friends, and journaling.