Not loosing

Options
I did not lose a pound in 6 days. Last week I lost 3 pounds. This is only my second week . what am I doing wrong. I stay within my allotted calories per day, I exercise daily , walking, aerobics and I use dumbbells.

I need help.

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Possibly nothing. I didn't lose ANYTHING for 14 days, then lost 3 in 3 days. You'll get everyone saying "Weight loss is not linear" It's true, yet still frustrating as hell.
    Keep on, keeping on!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are doing nothing wrong. 3 pounds for two weeks are great. Sometimes weight loss does that, it not linear. Keep plugging away :)
  • Smoothroz
    Smoothroz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Muneera7878
    Muneera7878 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's okay! That happens!
    Just keep working <3
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You won't always lose the amount it tells you to lose - there are other factors at work. Stress, water retention [sodium!], bowel movements [such as if you are constipated], etc, all play into weight.

I'll go 3 weeks without moving on the scale, and I eat around 1200 calories/day. Then I'll suddenly drop 8lbs over the course of a day, and stay at that lowest weight. xD;

If you aren't losing weight for a longer period of time, say a month, then ask what's up.
  • Smoothroz
    Options
    Great advice. I will give next week another shot.
  • Smoothroz
    Options
    Thank you
  • gray2405
    gray2405 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm at two weeks and my scale went up higher than when I started. I balled my eyes this morning and wanted to give up. I am staying under my goal and it feels like it's for nothing :(
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I stayed at the same weight for 3 weeks (down a few ounces here and there) and then this morning I weighed myself and was down 3 pounds. The same thing happened last month. Don't let it get you down!
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    gray2405 wrote: »
    I'm right there with you. I'm at two weeks and my scale went up higher than when I started. I balled my eyes this morning and wanted to give up. I am staying under my goal and it feels like it's for nothing :(

Dont be disheartened. Everybody's weight fluctuates throughout the days and weeks. I 'put on' a pound last week despite being under my calorie goal but I know damn well the overall trend will be (must be if you are eating a deficit) downwards.

Don't give up, be strong you're in this for the long term
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Weighy loss isn't linear. You will not always lose the amount that mfp says you will each week. Pay attention to overall trends like , how much have I lost in a month ? But since this is only your second week, its too soon to make a judgement call .
    Use a food scale to weigh everything that you eat. Log it here. Be as accurate as possible.
  • p2245
    p2245 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not losing either. In fact, I gained at first and now holding the same. I'm within about 50 cal of goal every day and I'm not including calories burned through exercise. Trying not to get discouraged. I guess my body is very efficient and gets by on fewer calories than the eight loss calculators suggest.....
  • queenliz99
    Options
    p2245 wrote: »
    Not losing either. In fact, I gained at first and now holding the same. I'm within about 50 cal of goal every day and I'm not including calories burned through exercise. Trying not to get discouraged. I guess my body is very efficient and gets by on fewer calories than the eight loss calculators suggest.....

Nope, it's all about CI/CO. Do you use a food scale because if you are not that may be why you are frustrated.
  • Smoothroz
    Options
    Ladies I woke up refreshed, completed my power walk and I am ready to fight this battle of the buldge. Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep at it to get under 200lbs.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Smoothroz wrote: »
    Ladies I woke up refreshed, completed my power walk and I am ready to fight this battle of the buldge. Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep at it to get under 200lbs.

That's the spirit, we know you can do it :)
  • Smoothroz
    Options
    I have not weighed my food but I will start this week. Another thing I am curious about is this...I eat a lot of fruit and even though it's natural, I wonder if this could be one of my problems?
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What's with all of the loose and loosing?
  • Smoothroz
    Options
    Maybe one week I'll weigh in and see a miracle number on the scales... Lol. How exciting that would be.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    skadoosh33 wrote: »
    What's with all of the loose and loosing?

Its a constant typo, wouldnt worry yourself about it.

OP dont grip too tightly, be patient and look at trends over a period of weeks.
  • queenliz99
    edited August 2015
    Options

Unless you have medical reason to eat less sugar, eating fruit is okay. Eating in a caloric deficit is key. Regarding sugar intake I track fiber instead. :)
    Smoothroz wrote: »
    I have not weighed my food but I will start this week. Another thing I am curious about is this...I eat a lot of fruit and even though it's natural, I wonder if this could be one of my problems?