Getting back on track after surgery

Options
Looking for some words of support and motivation. Over the past year and a 1/2 I have been fighting cancer. I just had a hysterectomy on June 11th and beat cancer! I'm trying to get back on track losing weight and I'm just fighting myself. I don't understand why before cancer I lost 53 pounds (the medicine helped me put it all back on) and loved doing it. This week I tried doing Atkins and by the 3rd day I couldn't stand how I felt and I don't want to think about meat. I hear low carb this, low carb that but I really don't think I can stop eating carbs all together. Any words of advice I would appreciate. Thank you

Replies

• Muneera7878
    Muneera7878 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm happy for you <3
    I hope the other members can help you out!
    Good luck, gorgeous!
  • GettingBackToIt88
    GettingBackToIt88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have been through a lot this past year. Your body is still healing from both the surgery and the cancer treatments. I lost 170lb and kept off over 140lbs eating complex carbs, rice, beans, potatoes, oatmeal, etc. I'm proof that eating carbs and losing weight can be done. Tomorrow will be my 6 weeks since my hysterectomy. I'm hopeful now that I'm no longer on hormone meds I can get my weight back down. However, from what I read its not going to be easy since harder to lose weight after a hysterectomy. Harder doesn't mean it can't be done.

You're a fighter! Stay strong you can do this!
  • NancyJane116
    NancyJane116 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Congrats on getting through the tough times of cancer.... it is an awful battle. I had abdominal cancer surgery that included radical hysterectomy 3 months ago and really understand how you need to feel better about things... . I wish you all the best on your journey - you have done great so far!!