Brides on a Mission: June

Options
Hello Brides!

I'm taking the torch from Natalie and hopefully keeping this ground going! Please still continue to post regularly and especially posting weekly weigh-ins. You all know the drill!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: JUNE (Please copy and paste this into your profile with each weekly weigh-in)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. Any wedding news updates:
5. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• klwalton88
    klwalton88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0lbs.
    2. Highlight of the past week: We're all moved in to our new place. Now we just need to unpack!
    3. Lowlight of the past week: With the move it has been hard to find time to exercise.
    4. Any wedding news updates: I booked the rentals!
    5. Weekly wrap up: Trying to do better with exercising. Zumba next Monday!
  • elouise86
    elouise86 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! I've been using MFP for a while but only jut strted using the forum - I get married in 5 weeks!!!

1. Name: Elouise
    2. Age: 24 (25 next Friday!)
    3. City: Nottingham UK
    4. Occupation: Civil Servant
    5. Wedding date: Friday 8th July 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Chris
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 6 years and 4 months
    8. Heaviest weight: 200 pounds
    9. Goal weight and date: I aimed to get to 165 pounds by the wedding and I'm currently at 170 pounds
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Aquafit and Spinning
    11. Favorite healthy food: I love a fruit salad and I also like my carrot sticks with salsa dip!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Nicole
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: Boston area
    4. Occupation: Cosmetoligist/Assistant Manager
    5. Wedding date: September 8, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Jay
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 193
    9. Goal weight and date: 135-140
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Chalean Extreme and Turbo Jam
    11. Favorite healthy food: panko crusted eggplant and chobani

Brides on a Mission: JUNE (Please copy and paste this into your profile with each weekly weigh-in)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: N?A
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Jay's sister visiting from CO & went to a wedding on the holiday.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I've been over tired and sleep as soon as I get home
    4. Any wedding news updates: No. Just researching limo, cakes and invitations
    5. Weekly wrap up: Next week I will workout no excuses. My eating has very good this week as well.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Brittany
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: St. Louis
    4. Occupation: College Academic Advisor
    5. Wedding date: Aug 6th, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Greg
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2.5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 180-175
    9. Goal weight and date: 140-145 - Aug 2011
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Walking and crunchs :)
    11. Favorite healthy food: Brocoli :)

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I am currently at 150 :)
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I have been super busy outside of work
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): It has been super slow at work so once I get home I am tired from not doing anything and just want to go to sleep.
    4. Any wedding news updates: ALL MY INVITES ARE READY TO BE SENT! Finally!!! Sending them out tomorrow or Saturday (tonight I have a hair trial appointment...wish me luck!)
    5. Weekly wrap up: I have eaten out A LOT this week...going to not eat out, unless with family, at all next week.
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Amanda you are awesome! Thank you for taking it over, I was thinking about offering to, but just wasn't sure how much time I would have. I will get on later and do my weekly post.

Welcome new members!!!
  • queenofdisney
    Options
    1. Name: Helen
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Long Island, NY
    4. Occupation: Legal Secretary/Law student
    5. Wedding date: October 14, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Paul
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: Not telling but I've lost 70lbs :)
    9. Goal weight and date: 150lbs and I have no idea LOL
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Swimming, hiking
    11. Favorite healthy food: cherries, chicken burgers, shrimp
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Hope you all don't mind me joining!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post.)
    1. Name: alexis
    2. Age: 30
    3. City: San Diego
    4. Occupation: Sales Consultant
    5. Wedding date: 9/15/12
    6. Fiancés name: Matt
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2.5 yrs on June 17th
    8. Heaviest weight: 173
    9. Goal weight and date: 145... hopefully by end of august
    10. Favorite type of exercise: walking/running preferably outside
    11. Favorite healthy food: Veggies baked in olive oil

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Well my weight this morning is 155 and holding sodium
    2. Highlight of the past week: took some pics for our save the dates
    3. Lowlight of the past week : had a not ideal engagement photo shoot (it was free but I don't like how i look)
    4. Any wedding news updates: Different photographer than above, officiant, and caterer is booked
    5. Weekly wrap up: Going on a cruise next week- I got engaged last year on a cruise at this time and they were the worst pictures of such a happy time. Hoping this year I'll get some great comparison pics at almost 20 lbs down. Will share with you all When I get back :laugh:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 but hey at least its not a gain.
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):This week has been rough I would have to say the highlight this week has been the engagement party we had on saturday was a big hit. We got a little extra cash, and had a little too much to drink but what else are parties for.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): My cat had an emergency vet appt. I have been not sleeping that great and I am just generally stressed. I also really want a new job and that is stressful.
    4. Any wedding news updates: We booked the venue and set the date! September 14th, 2012
    5. Weekly wrap up: This week was rough honestly. I am so ready for a new week I am glad that I can think of it starting tomorrow since this is the end of my Weight week haha. This weekend should be much more chill with lots of workouts. Triathlon training was rough this week but I am hoping it just gets better come tomorrow. And its my fiance's birthday so we are going out for german food and beer Yumm!!!!
  • harliesmom
    harliesmom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Stefanie
    2. Age: 23
    3. City: Small town, Maryland
    4. Occupation: Dental Hygienist
    5. Wedding date: August 6th
    6. Fiancés name: Kevin
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 7 years!!
    8. Heaviest weight: 167
    9. Goal weight and date: 140
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Abs- I def. need to get them into shape. Also scenic walks
    11. Favorite healthy food: anything grown in my garden!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Not sure- I measure on Fridays!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): No work on monday!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Day 1 of 30 day shred!! I thought I was going to die- but just did day 3- and it has gotten a lot easier in just 2 days
    4. Any wedding news updates: ALMOST done with the invites.. they are taking forever
    5. Weekly wrap up: Cant wait for these darn invites to be in the mail- hopefully sometime next week. I also started C25K today!! WOOHOO
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 lbs - more maintaining at this point than anything else although I've committed to at least one JM workout a day for these last 20 days (now 17!) leading up to my wedding. i did decrease my goal weight from 135 to 130.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Been rocking it at work lately and getting recognized for it! Lots of fun exciting wedding stuff going on now!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Been having a pretty great week when I don't think about the huge clouds looming over my head. Have some rocky things going on in life in general (dad just got laid off from our company (we worked at the same place) and it happened 6 months before he was eligible for early retirement... he's been with the company for 29 years which means he lost out on a LOT of pension because he wasn't 52... super sucks and now we're trying to get him back in the company.. just seems to be something sitting on my shoulders since I'm still with the company - i just want him back in! its so stressful!..... got denied admission to Purdue's graduate program due to "insufficient math background" which is complete BS because I'm insanely good at math.. my undergrad wasn't a traditional undergrad so the courses were kind of different than what you would typically see (meaning they didn't say Calculus 1, Calculus 2 and Linear Algebra... more like Applied Calculus, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, etc).. now i'm having to appeal it and provide explanations on the classes I took and how they had the same level of math. i'm so annoyed because i know I"m MORE than qualified for this program. i graduated with the highest GPA in my major. i'm ridiculously good at math. and i don't like being told no!)..... that was probably WAY more info than anyone felt like reading. exercise is helping me stay positive and of course i'm excited about the wedding coming up! I'm also very into the whole positive thinking gets you positive results thing... believe it achieve it!!! you get what you expect out of life!

4. Any wedding news updates: Gaaahhh so many!!! Did our seating chart finally.. that wasn't easy! Still needs to be tweaked a bit! Tomorrow we are going to get our marriage license! Really need to get on the whole first dance thing if we plan on doing an actual dance instead of just swaying... really wanted to do this but just don't know if its going to happen! Lessons are so expensive! I'm tired of spending money on the wedding! Working on my tan right now and have what should hopefully be the final fitting for my dress next Tuesday! I have a feeling there will be one more fitting though...

5. Weekly wrap up: Love all of my MFP friends!! You guys really are awesome and you have kept me so motivated and I just feel so lucky to have found this website at this point in my life! It really is life changing!
  • kgs0201
    Options
    1. Name: Stefanie
    2. Age: 23
    3. City: Small town, Maryland
    4. Occupation: Dental Hygienist
    5. Wedding date: August 6th
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 7 years!!
    8. Heaviest weight: 167
    9. Goal weight and date: 140
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Abs- I def. need to get them into shape. Also scenic walks
    11. Favorite healthy food: anything grown in my garden!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Not sure- I measure on Fridays!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): No work on monday!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Day 1 of 30 day shred!! I thought I was going to die- but just did day 3- and it has gotten a lot easier in just 2 days
    4. Any wedding news updates: ALMOST done with the invites.. they are taking forever
    5. Weekly wrap up: Cant wait for these darn invites to be in the mail- hopefully sometime next week. I also started C25K today!! WOOHOO

yay! glad you found the board!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Suzanne
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Holland, Michigan USA
    4. Occupation: None
    5. Wedding date: TBA
    6. Fiancés name: Scott
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: Just had our 6th anniversery May 28 2011
    8. Heaviest weight: 240
    9. Goal weight and date: 135, April 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Walking
    11. Favorite healthy food: Healthy fish- Salmon, Tuna, Talpia..I also love Chicken.
  • kgs0201
    Options
    1. Name: Nicole
    3. City: Boston area
    4. Occupation: Cosmetoligist/Assistant Manager
    5. Wedding date: September 8, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Jay
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 193
    9. Goal weight and date: 135-140
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Chalean Extreme and Turbo Jam
    11. Favorite healthy food: panko crusted eggplant and chobani

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: N?A
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Jay's sister visiting from CO & went to a wedding on the holiday.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I've been over tired and sleep as soon as I get home
    4. Any wedding news updates: No. Just researching limo, cakes and invitations
    5. Weekly wrap up: Next week I will workout no excuses. My eating has very good this week as well.

One thing I've learned helps me commit to exercising is by planning out what exercise I'm going to do and then letting the MFP world know my plans! Then I have to do it or I'm a flake!!! Right now I mapped out my exercise on my profile in the About Me section. I just don't have the guts to skip a work out and have to report that I didn't do it!

Oh and what do you think of Chalean extreme? How does it compare to the Jillian Michael's dvds? I was thinking about getting it but its so expensive and I'm afraid it will be the same as the JM or I won't like it as much.. Have you done both?
  • pricillaquinonez
    Options
    1. Name: pricilla
    3. City: riverside
    4. Occupation: baby sitter
    5. Wedding date: next spring
    6. Fiancés name: phillip
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 9months
    8. Heaviest weight: 241
    9. Goal weight and date:185 jan 1.2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: walk/jog
    11. Favorite healthy food: sushi
  • kgs0201
    Options
    Hope you all don't mind me joining!

1. Name: alexis
    2. Age: 30
    3. City: San Diego
    4. Occupation: Sales Consultant
    5. Wedding date: 9/15/12
    6. Fiancés name: Matt
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2.5 yrs on June 17th
    8. Heaviest weight: 173
    9. Goal weight and date: 145... hopefully by end of august
    10. Favorite type of exercise: walking/running preferably outside
    11. Favorite healthy food: Veggies baked in olive oil

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Well my weight this morning is 155 and holding sodium
    2. Highlight of the past week: took some pics for our save the dates
    3. Lowlight of the past week : had a not ideal engagement photo shoot (it was free but I don't like how i look)
    4. Any wedding news updates: Different photographer than above, officiant, and caterer is booked
    5. Weekly wrap up: Going on a cruise next week- I got engaged last year on a cruise at this time and they were the worst pictures of such a happy time. Hoping this year I'll get some great comparison pics at almost 20 lbs down. Will share with you all When I get back :laugh:

I'm so jealous! I want to go on a cruise! Have an awesome time and run some laps around the ship to get in your exercise!

And I waited until April of this year to do our engagement photos... we got engaged April of 2009... so two years before I was ready and our wedding is this month... You can always take more photos and all you need is a friend with a good camera! We had my fiance's sister take our pictures. She did a great job!
  • pricillaquinonez
    Options
    Hello Brides!

I'm taking the torch from Natalie and hopefully keeping this ground going! Please still continue to post regularly and especially posting weekly weigh-ins. You all know the drill!

1. Name: pricilla
    3. City: riverside
    4. Occupation: baby sitter
    5. Wedding date: next spring
    6. Fiancés name: phillip
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 9 months
    8. Heaviest weight: 240
    9. Goal weight and date: 180 02/14/12
    10. Favorite type of exercise:walk/jog
    11. Favorite healthy food:sushi

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
    5. Weekly wrap up:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Freaking out.... 39 items left on my wedding checklist and 15 days to do it! With all of this rushing around, I haven't gotten to the gym in two weeks. GR! At least I've been eating well and staying near my calorie count.

I talked with the photographer last night. It was SO hard to give up control, but I tried to keep my must-have shots down to 10, that way he is able to do the typical ones and some neat, creative ones. Our photographer is good at catching special, impromptu moments, so I don't want to infringe on him. I'm a control freak, though, so it's VERY hard to do that!*LOL* In case you're wondering, he's Jim Heine photograpy out of the Allentown, PA area. We got an awesome deal... $800 all day, mainly because he was new to the scene and my fiance when to high school with him. Now, he's trained in CA and helped on some celebrity weddings. I think he charges like $1200 for four hours now!

gainskb - I know exactly what you mean abou the seating chart. I think that's been the biggest ***** of all! We have family members who are always rubbing each other the wrong way, so it's been a real challenge. I have the basic layout done, but w'ere giving it to the parents for approval.*LOL* I might not know who is mad at whom this week!:-P

Time to Give Final Exams!:-D
    Shannon
  • RachelReady2Run
    RachelReady2Run Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: None.. probably a gain, but I will find out how much tomorrow
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): This past month I've had so many distractions!!! The highlight would have to be that my MOH flew down from Ohio to Texas which was a COMPLETE surprise. It was the best birthday EVER! We even had a chance to try on dresses. I found one I liked, but it just wasn't the one. I was pleased because I didn't feel fat in any of the dresses, and my arms look better, but there is still work to be done.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Same as what I wrote last month, too much eating out, spending to much money. Work stress... end of the school year so I let myself make excuses. Ate too much junk and didn't work out enough!
    4. Any wedding news updates: Still need to commit to a venue and set a date! Dress shopping was fun :)
    5. Weekly wrap up: Really need to re-focus, which is what I said last time I posted, unfortunately. Better get focused now because I know in a year and closer to the actual wedding, there won't be much time!!! I've had distractions and some of them have been awesome, and some of them have been stressful... now I'm on summer break, but its going to be a crazy one with lots of traveling.
  • leeser444
    leeser444 Posts: 2
    Options
    1. Name: Lisa
    2. Age: 33
    3. City: Upstate NY
    4. Occupation: RN
    5. Wedding date: 5/26/12
    6. Fiancés name: Steve
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: +1 year
    8. Heaviest weight: 260
    9. Goal weight and date: 180 3/1/12
    10. Favorite type of exercise: hiking
    11. Favorite healthy food: fruit

Brides on a Mission: JUNE
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got engaged last weekend!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my fiance had to go home (he is in florida)
    5. Weekly wrap up: i hate the candy in my office! I share with 3 other people and at night I'm alone, its too tempting!!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Being that we have so many newcomers thought I would repost this in an effort to get to know each other. Welcome newbies!

Getting to know each other
    1. Name:Brie
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Cincinnati
    4. Occupation: Chemist
    5. Wedding date: 22Oct11
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 164
    9. Goal weight and date: 137 or so by 22Oct11
    10. Favorite type of exercise: I actually really like weight lifting and also kick-boxing!
    11. Favorite healthy food: uh, I guess fruit.

Brides on a Mission: JUNE
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 blah...

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Surprised rv304403 with a visit! It was awesome, just her reaction was worth the flight down. I had so much fun hanging out with her and her fiance, eating delicious food, meeting one of bridesmaids and dress shopping!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I haven't really been off the wagon, but I haven't been as good as I could have been. I have been working out fairly consistently, and when I haven't worked out I have been making sure that I am active as far as gardening or cleaning the house just to burn some calories!

4. Any wedding news updates: Not really, still trying to book a DJ and a shuttle. And I really NEED to get my shoes so that I can have my first fitting next month!

5. Weekly wrap up: I have been 'ok' as far as eating and exercise, but I sure have been having a lot of fun!